• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*The Official* Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Thread

In case anyone was curious, I made a crockpot Chicken 'N Dumplings recipe last night that turned out very well! Was pretty easy to make as well.

2 Tblspoons butter
2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 cans cream of chicken soup, condensed
2 soup cans of water
1 onion chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons fresh parsley
1/2 cube chicken bouillon
2 Tablespoons flour
1 tube premade biscuit dough

In saucepan, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter. Brown the onions in pan. Add the cubed chicken and cook until browned. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Combine this with all the ingredients in crockpot except the biscuit dough. Cut the biscuit dough into fourths and carefully stir in. These will be your dumplings. Heat on LOW for 4-6 hours. Add flour to mixture as needed to thicken the sauce.

The recipe did not call for peas or other vegetables but I would recommend adding extra! It depends on your personal preference.

I made this dish yesterday and it turned out great. I skipped the celery and chopped carrots, but added a bag of mixed veggies for the last hour. Used a vidalia onion and changed one can of soup to cream of celery. I also used some cumin and Season All.

lets bring this back. Thinking I'm going to put some chili on before the tailgate Saturday and feast for the FSU Clemson game

Back