• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Wake/Maryland Game Thread

That quote isn't that bad. It's stupid but he isn't throwing anyone under the bus come on.

It's awful when you consider the circumstances. That's a quote for post game of a close win over a cupcake early in the season. Not a quote for a post game loss to a conference team with only a handful of games left when we're struggling just to have a winning record despite a cupcake heavy OOC.

Agree to disagree I suppose. I doubt Randolph or Rusty would hear that and be upset. It's stupid and empty more than malicious.

It's awful when you consider the circumstances. That's a quote for post game of a close win over a cupcake early in the season. Not a quote for a post game loss to a conference team with only a handful of games left when we're struggling just to have a winning record despite a cupcake heavy OOC.

Exactly. If everyone got just a little better maybe Maryland would only beat us by 6-8 points next week if we played.

Agree to disagree I suppose. I doubt Randolph or Rusty would hear that and be upset. It's stupid and empty more than malicious.

It's not awful because of what they might think…it's awful because it implies that we just need to all get a little better and the problem that is our complete inability to play basketball will be magically solved. It's awful because, well, it's awful.

It's not awful because of what they might think…it's awful because it implies that we just need to all get a little better and the problem that is our complete inability to play basketball will be magically solved. It's awful because, well, it's awful.

Well that's fine, we are pretty much on the same page. It's just a stupid and empty quote because it is dumb coaching cliche to talk about getting a little better every day when the whole program is in shambles.

But that is a far cry from calling assistants out and throwing people under the bus. That's all I was disputing because that isn't what that quote does. That's a whole different level.

Well that's fine, we are pretty much on the same page. It's just a stupid and empty quote because it is dumb coaching cliche to talk about getting a little better every day when the whole program is in shambles.

But that is a far cry from calling assistants out and throwing people under the bus. That's all I was disputing because that isn't what that quote does. That's a whole different level.

It's awful because that's the best bzz can do. Bzz is who he is. Wellman should have known 4 years ago. It was obvious then. Just more evidence now.

Well, the WF Sports Facebook page's comments are more ridiculous than the game itself. If you want to see the lunatic fringe and LOWF, check out the comments after the final score post.

Numerous statements of desire for Childress and/or LaRue to be the next head coach, [Redacted] is a good person who exhibits class on and off the court, Dino was a monster who banged anything that moved, WF only needs to be respectable and will never be able to compete for a title, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/WakeForestSports

Last edited:

I'll bet money those two have lunch together and laugh at Bzz. Seriously.

Of those 30, 25 have been by 10 points or more....

Sounds like a good talking point for number never lie. I still think that 30 for 30 tag line for wake that somebody mentioned in another thread was quite amusing.

Back