• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Weiner Conspiracy Thread

It's like he learned absolutely nothing from Chris Lee and Brett Favre. You'd think after each of those, Weiner would say to himself, "I should stop sending pictures of myself to random women on the internet".

Nice bit from Kristen Schaal about how penis texting doesn't really help seal the deal.

I think its a cumpulsion. Not to excuse it, but I am buying into the geek on a power trip thing. And he should resign. But I don't really care if he does. That's for his constituents to decide.

No doubt it's a compulsion. Not sure about a geek on a power trip. Seems like something any guy could get into.

I think its a cumpulsion. Not to excuse it, but I am buying into the geek on a power trip thing. And he should resign. But I don't really care if he does. That's for his constituents to decide.

Should Vitter resign?

How about Coburn for covering and conspiring with Ensign to commit multiple crimes?

Should Vitter resign?

How about Coburn for covering and conspiring with Ensign to commit multiple crimes?

Obviously not. They are Republicans and there was no smoking gun. And they didn't admit anything and cry in front of the media. Whatever happened to the Huey Longs of the Democratic party? What a bunch of pansies.

I like how Breitbart took the podium and did TV interviews saying he wouldn't publish the cock picture then did it within 24 hours.

Weiner had actually given him some positive spin, but the asshole Breitbart couldn't help himself.

How many more times will I hear that Huma Abedin is a very private person? Stop!!! She works for Hilary Clinton, travels all over the world, marries a congressman with Bill Clinton officiating; how is this private? Maria Shriver asks for privacy and then shows up on the Oprah show a week later.
Politicians and their ilk are not private people or they wouldn't do what they do.

Jesus, you never cease to amaze. Of course top staffers travel. But they are in the background. Only political junkies had any clue what Weiner's wife did.

Saying she's in the public eye is like saying the assistant to a famous person is a public figure.

Generally, people who enter the political arena have supersized egos and they are willing to sacrifice their privacy to receive the attention they crave. RJ, you've met politicians and you know what I'm talking about. The rest of us post on boards and stuff like. Don't marry a politician if you don't want to be part of this arena.

She's made a profession of being in the background and knows how to do it.

There are tons of husbands and wives of politicians whom no one knows.

She's made a profession of being in the background and knows how to do it.

There are tons of husbands and wives of politicians whom no one knows.

i feel terrible for the wife. she does not deserve any of this and is apparently a talented and trusted aid to HRC.

that said, her position--at Hillary's side for more than a decade--is inherently a public one. ask anyone in that position if they think their life is truly"private." It always needs to withstand scrutiny. (which hers obviously did)

also, she did a spread in Vogue in 2007, featured in an Oscar de la Renta gown. So she has not stayed completely under radar.

i feel terrible for the wife. she does not deserve any of this and is apparently a talented and trusted aid to HRC.

that said, her position--at Hillary's side for more than a decade--is inherently a public one. ask anyone in that position if they think their life is truly"private." It always needs to withstand scrutiny. (which hers obviously did)

also, she did a spread in Vogue in 2007, featured in an Oscar de la Renta gown. So she has not stayed completely under radar.

She's been in public service for well over a decade, before this week do you think if you showed a hundred people in Philly or Chicago or LA or Miami a picture of her more than one in each location would know who she is?

She's been in public service for well over a decade, before this week do you think if you showed a hundred people in Philly or Chicago or LA or Miami a picture of her more than one in each location would know who she is?

No, of course not. But a lot of people are "public" only within their respective industries, in this case Washington. (where she certainly was well-known to official DC.)

In no way does she deserve any of this. My point is just that a senior aide to one of the 3-4 highest-profile politicians in America is by definition at least a somewhat public person.

Only to a very small inner-circle. By definiton a public person is known to the public not just the people within a specific industry.

Well, looks like he's gone. I guess the Dems made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Back