• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OGBoards Wikipedia Thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Robesonian

This is another classic Robeson County story that still gets talked about all the time.

And with that, I'll let the thread return to its intended purpose. DF07 and I just had to make sure you #youngbloods knew what was up when you went down east.

My wife works with an organization that has a TON of members with the last names Oxendine and Locklear. All seem to be from the eastern part of the state. Very interesting!

They are, without question, Lumbee Indians. Any Chavises?

The way I understood it when I watched the video a while back is that it's like an average or a limit, somehow. The other sets made sense that way at least.

I could be totally wrong but if they said... 0+1-1+1-1+1-1 etc., it would vary between 0 and 1 and they'd call it 1/2. Somehow the way they add the sets oscillates or averages out to be -1/12 while the actual number, if you add up a finite number, would be an extremely large finite number. If you take infinite numbers, they call the average -1/12.

Last edited:
Just watch teh video, it's really interesting/good and I believe they post links to the more complicated versions of the proofs if you're interested in that too.

Back