• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

side note: similar to the oven mitts, one year we made tea towels - mom drew a pie crust (basically a gray trapezoid for the pan, then a tan 'crust' of the pie, and we did our fingerprints in a little mound on top to look like a blueberry pie.

That same idea could be done in a frame for some kitchen art, or on an apron, or on the oven mitt...

As a general rule the less gifts the better but I did get something for my wife (a watch). Will get a card for my mom. I forced the kids to make cards for their mom.

My daughter loved her balance Bike. Now passed o. The her little brother. He's a touch short but maybe this summer. Not only did we get her a bike that was a size or two bigger than ideal (she could touch the ground standing over the top tube and did a slight hop up to get going) but she started riding it at the bike store before buying it. Would recomend. If you can get one at a great price, hand me down, used etc I think it's great. Some, not all, kids get too attached to training wheels. Like teaching a kid to swim when they are used to water wings. Some kids have a tough time with the switch.

Mother's Day irony...I'm sitting around waiting for the boy to wake up so my lady friend/his mother can sleep in and he's sleeping record setting late.

My nephew was pretty excited about his balance bike! I got the Zum. He is just barely tall enough for the lowest seat height and can't get on it by himself yet, but he seemed to be having a great time zipping around (with a tiny bit of adult support). He got the idea right away.

hooray! i can't wait to get niece's first bike :)

My oldest is 7 (turning 8 this summer). I am getting hit with all kinds of lacrosse games/practice/camps and soccer games/practice/camps and travel teams. If she makes the soccer travel team, she will have soccer games and/or practice like 5 days a week. Wut. I'm not sure how this will end up. She is excited for it though, so we'll see.

Got a doula for 4 hours a week or so ago. Did wonders helping EK sleep in a crib. And my wife actually got a nap and shower and lunch. Getting another this week. $24/hour. Our place has a 4 hour minimum.

Got a doula for 4 hours a week or so ago. Did wonders helping EK sleep in a crib. And my wife actually got a nap and shower and lunch. Getting another this week. $24/hour. Our place has a 4 hour minimum.

Like a nanny? I have never heard the term Doula used in that way. Interesting.

I have heard of a post-partum doula, I just never realized they worked more than a few weeks or so out. I can get my post-partum certification at a later date. There are far fewer PP doulas than birth doulas though, so if the whole phd thing doesn't work out, maybe I could corner the triad market.

Do it.

11337018_10206778784498253_5606092846399085716_o.jpg

Little dude getting ready to head out to the beach.

11147579_10206763014304008_3381617138812429147_o.jpg

Rocking his first columbia.

11270524_10206789031194414_1836272221188854478_o.jpg

Laughing after a day on the beach.

Here is one of the boy. 7 months. He loves that dog!

2ymxgrn.jpg

Everyone says we look alike but I dont see it ;)...

2qn8k8m.jpg

Last edited:
Back