• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

If you know how old your friends' kids are, you know how old the seat is. You also know if they've been in a wreck.

No, I had two kids, two cars, cars of my own, a mother-in-law who wanted two car seats, and a nanny who needed two car seats. So after buying the first four, we accepted gently used car seats from people we had known for 20 years. The options were buying eight car seats or transferring car seats all the time.

smoove, if you guys are local and want this 2 in 1 swing/bouncy seat for cheap, ours is ready to find a new life. It works awesome still (none of ours were super into it, E used it as the bouncy seat a lot, but the others weren't into it as a seat or a swing). It's yours cheap!

Aight peeps, post successful and failure Christmas presents. Struggling with ideas. Girl, 6, and boy, 3.

I had never heard of it but my mom mentioned getting a Kiwi Crate subscription for the Bug. Looks pretty cool.

She's also enjoyed subscriptions to Highlights and National Geographic Kids. Nice that they come throughout the year and don't take up much space. Admittedly not flashy Christmas morning presents though.

She's pretty into playdoh now so we might get some stuff for that.

Interested in other good ideas.

(She's 3.5)

Hung out with my wife's cousins who have a baby. They have some teething toy giraffe that costs $26 but they swear it's worth it.

I held two baby boys today. I miss holding baby boys but I do not miss that life.

Is that Sophie? Not worth even a tiny bit of that.

I too spent some time holding a baby on Thanksgiving. It was p great. I don't think my baby slept that much at all.

Based on the Google, that giraffe was a thing when my youngest was a baby. Glad I dodged that. Teething tabs worked just fine.

Anybody know if any good exercise bikes for tween-sized kids? My oldest one (~56") really likes the one at my in-laws. He's been using it while watching TV, eating, doing pretty much anything. Thinking about getting one for Christmas.

Last edited:
Yeah we have a Sophie. Had no idea it was that expensive; it was a gift. My daughter never used it for teething, maybe my next one will.

Back