• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Oooo...I just remembered we're starting "gymnastics" with the Bug on Saturday morning. She's crazy pants these days, so it should be interesting.

We did gymnastics for both the 6 year old boy and the 8 year old girl last year. They liked it at first then hated it, but stuck it out the whole season. Now they are firmly entrenched in karate and soccer.

The Lion king is great, but from a pure quantity standpoint, Frozen is much better. I would make the argument that the quality is close to as good , as well, and more earwormy.

Also, Frozen doesn't cause my son to ask what it means to die and how it would be if his daddy died.

Aladdin?

Frozen just puts the parents on a boat and never mentions them again.

We did Frozen on Ice last night. Pretty good I guess. Our seats were baller.

On the subject of bday parties we had a huge hit with a magician for bird's 4th.

Our oldest turns 5 in January, taking him and 5 of his friends to the Monster Jam truck show. Kids tickets are $10, so throw in the adult tix and some popcorn and water for them and hope to be out of it for about $150 total. No cake.

MAN this is scintillating conversation! Brews has probably resorted to tasering himself to prevent ever becoming a parent.

d91.gif

Our oldest turns 5 in January, taking him and 5 of his friends to the Monster Jam truck show. Kids tickets are $10, so throw in the adult tix and some popcorn and water for them and hope to be out of it for about $150 total. No cake.

CAN I GO???

but seriously I think my friends and I are going to one in a couple months

Yeah, there are other aspects that I can't really put in to words. I think part of it is your kids have more circular faces. That said, every now and then I think squirrel kind of resembles S.

MAN this is scintillating conversation! Brews has probably resorted to tasering himself to prevent ever becoming a parent.

He'll be the one who ends up with 5

yep, that's the same baby.

Does anyone else think that kid's birthday parties are totally out of control? Party favors, entertainment, decorations, professional cakes. I don't remember this shit from the 80s. It was sheet cake, pizza, and go run around the yard.

If you think birthday parties are bad, wait until you get to the weddings.

So my pregnant wife informed me yesterday she really wants to have Irish twins. We don't even have the first yet. Slow. Down.

So my pregnant wife informed me yesterday she really wants to have Irish twins. We don't even have the first yet. Slow. Down.

Ask her how she feels about Irish twins...any time in the first couple weeks after delivery.

Back