• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's Film Discussion Thread

Haven't seen it. I, too, didn't want to be disappointed, but I'll check it out.

I watched Days of Heaven last night. Pretty good. Remarkably well shot and acted. Not much to really hang your hat on story-wise, but it made me think a little.

Watching the horror movie VHS

fuck the first movie on the tape just mind fucked me

The sequel is now on netflix. It's better than the first--supposedly the directors took note of the negative reviews of that one and attempted to address the criticisms (steadier cameras, shorter length [4 shorts instead of 5], less incoherent yelling dialog). The second and third tapes are more disturbing than any from its predecessor. Pretty good effort, but then again I'm a sucker for shitty horror movies.

I re watched Days of Heaven on Netflix a few months ago. Unreal cinematography. Bret Easton Ellis recently said it was the move that first inspired him to create art.

You should check out Upstream Color. Shane Carruth is very intriguing auteur.

Need to check out Upstream Color.

Just watched A Woman is a Woman (Jean-Luc Godard).

I probably only caught a few of the inside jokes, though the self-references were pretty funny, and I only caught one or two of the language jokes, bc the subtitles couldn't really capture them. But it's a clever film. Thought the sound mixing was clever. Not my favorite work of Godard's, though. Pretty tidy and simple. Belmondo is a boss tho.

Back