• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pixar Theory

DieselDeac

Gamma Omicron '00
Reaction score
This guy came up with a theory to link all the Pixar movies together into a larger theme and timeline, with evidence and not too much speculation. It's pretty nuts how plausible it all seems.

I'd post a summary of it, but it'd be almost as long as the article.

The Pixar Theory

Interesting stuff.

Jdawg posted about it in the film discussion thread this morning.

I bet that guy put a lot more thought into these connections than anyone at Pixar did.

holy cow.
that guy wasn't kidding when he said he was obsessing over it.

...basically this guy made up a crazy theory for the easter eggs pixar notoriously puts in their movies.

I've gotten through maybe a fourth of it. I searched ahead to see when he got to Dinoco. That's the best evidence for his theory and he only mentions it in a note at the end after people mentioned it in the comments.

It's an interesting idea. He probably goes overboard on the connections. It is true that most of the Pixar films are about animals or machines drawing from humans in some way. Three of their films are about machines operating in a "post-human" world (Cars, WALL-E, and the forgettable Cars 2). Include Disney's Planes coming out next month and that's four.

The Easter eggs support it. He has identified some common themes on human-animal, human-machine relations. Pixar clearly gets preachy about the environment and energy concerns in WALL-E and Cars 2 and subtly preachy in Finding Nemo and Monsters, Inc.

Last edited:
In what order should I watch the following (I've seen none of these):

Ratatouille
Wall-E
Cars
Brave

Wall-E and Ratatouille are a cut above the other two, and Cars >Brave, imo.

I love Wall-E, that's really the only one I'd re-watch.

The first 45 minutes of Wall-E were just magnificent, and probably the best material Pixar has ever put out IMO.

The rest of it kind of tapers off, but man, that beginning...

Finding Nemo is the only one of those movies that I've seen (though I've pretty much memorized it because my kid seemingly watches it every day). Are any of the rest of them worth it?

In what order should I watch the following (I've seen none of these):

Ratatouille
Wall-E
Cars
Brave

You might as well skip Cars, unless you have kids. Its decent, but pales in comparison to the rest. Wall-E is easily the best of the remaining three (and my personal favorite Pixar film).

Finding Nemo is the only one of those movies that I've seen (though I've pretty much memorized it because my kid seemingly watches it every day). Are any of the rest of them worth it?

Yes. As mentioned, Wall-E is incredible, as is the entire Toy Story trilogy (watch it in order). The Incredibles is great as a film aimed at an "older" audience. I have a soft spot for Monsters Inc and Ratatouille, but watch the others first to decide if you want to keep going.

Up is one of my favorite movies. The first 10-15 min are crazy sad, though, so be prepared to weep. Seriously.

Back