• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pixar Theory

Cars is way underrated. Great beginning.

Oh and Cars falls into the preachy category as well but I don't want to spoil it.

Cars is way underrated. Great beginning.

Oh and Cars falls into the preachy category as well but I don't want to spoil it.

Cars' biggest problem is the existence of Cars 2.

I love Up but the movie really falls off after the amazing first 15 minutes. My personal favorite is Finding Nemo. I love anything aquatic and I love the score by Thomas Newman (probably my favorite Hollywood composer.)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. It doesn't carry on what worked in Cars.

250px-MaterCars.jpg

I'm in the "Pixar is over-rated" camp but if this theory is at all true, I am most certainly impressed.

Craziest thing to me is that Brave is the second most costly film of all time.

Craziest thing to me is that Brave is the second most costly film of all time.

Is there something else that factors into that besides budget? The first list I found put John Carter, two of the Hobbit movies, and a Pirates movie ahead of it.

Is there something else that factors into that besides budget? The first list I found put John Carter, two of the Hobbit movies, and a Pirates movie ahead of it.

Sorry, I meant Tangled and thought Brave. Oops!

Seems like Brave would have been more expensive than Tangled although both had elaborate hair animation.

I really don't get the Cars hate.

I don't know if Cars 2 came out at the end of Larry the Cable Guy's popularity or killed it.

If you hate cars, then you don't have a son age 6 or under. I've got two and I've seen so many times I quote it to my wife sometimes. Cars 2 I like to pretend never happened.

My daughter is 6 and also used to watch Cars all the time. Not as much anymore, but from 3-5 , it was right there with Snow White.

My oldest son is watching Cars for the first time in several months. He just woke up and wanted to watch it.

Still can't believe they messed up Cars 2. That spy stuff was horrible, especially the beginning. My son was almost 2. All the cars shooting made me consider leaving.

I would have done Cars 2 as Rocky 3 with Lightning McQueen as Rocky, Sally as Adrian, Mater as Paulie, Doc Hudson as Mickey, and Chick Hicks as Apollo with some new badass black car as Clubber Lang. That would have been sick. Then do Cars 3 an international race like Rocky 4 with vs. some roided up Italian car that killed Chick Hicks in a race.

I finished reading the link. He gets pretty wacked out talking about A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc. Still can't believe Dinoco is an afterthought in this theory. That's a bigger deal than the Easter eggs. I still think Pixar movies have common themes about the environment and conservation that are obvious in some movies and less obvious in others.

Last edited:
I love Up but the movie really falls off after the amazing first 15 minutes. My personal favorite is Finding Nemo. I love anything aquatic and I love the score by Thomas Newman (probably my favorite Hollywood composer.)

I love the piece of music in Nemo toward the end of the film when all the fish are caught in the net. Newman was great on the Wall-E soundtrack as well - the fiance and I are going to work the Define Dancing piece into our wedding ceremony in some form or another.

If you hate cars, then you don't have a son age 6 or under. I've got two and I've seen so many times I quote it to my wife sometimes. Cars 2 I like to pretend never happened.

Exactly my point. The mass appeal of Pixar's other films is their ability to pull in adults. If you don't have kids, Cars is a waste of time - or at least it was for me.

My oldest son is watching Cars for the first time in several months. He just woke up and wanted to watch it.

Still can't believe they messed up Cars 2. That spy stuff was horrible, especially the beginning. My son was almost 2. All the cars shooting made me consider leaving.

I would have done Cars 2 as Rocky 3 with Lightning McQueen as Rocky, Sally as Adrian, Mater as Paulie, Doc Hudson as Mickey, and Chick Hicks as Apollo with some new badass black car as Clubber Lang. That would have been sick. Then do Cars 3 an international race like Rocky 4 with vs. some roided up Italian car that killed Chick Hicks in a race.

I finished reading the link. He gets pretty wacked out talking about A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc. Still can't believe Dinoco is an afterthought in this theory. That's a bigger deal than the Easter eggs. I still think Pixar movies have common themes about the environment and conservation that are obvious in some movies and less obvious in others.

OK. Which one of you works at Pixar?

Badass black car, McQueen trains on a beach, ends with fans chanting "Lightning! Lightning!"

Back