• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Possum George Jones ...

I guess you could say that he stopped living here today.

Perhaps more appropriate, Who's Going to Fill Their Shoes?

RIP Possum!

Its "Finally Friday" in Heaven today.

I'm ambivalent about admitting that I've never heard that. I will say that it's amazing that he lived to 81. If they could refine whatever is in the blood of guys like Jones, Keith Richards, or Steven Tyler, we could all live to 150.

Best story I ever heard about No Show Jones was told by a friend of his back in the day. The friend got him to agree to go to rehab, so he drove George to rehab and dropped him off. The friend needed some gas on the way back home, so he stopped at a station. He filled it up, went inside to pay and then came back out to his car.

He then heard the noise of a loud motorcycle coming down the street. The bike flew past him and he just shook his head. The man at the wheel was George Jones, his white hair flowing in the wind and a pretty young thing was on his back. He was even a no show at rehab I guess.

I'm ambivalent about admitting that I've never heard that. I will say that it's amazing that he lived to 81. If they could refine whatever is in the blood of guys like Jones, Keith Richards, or Steven Tyler, we could all live to 150.

Willie turns 80 in 4 days. It's only been a few months since he played a smaller show in Charlotte where he was so hammered that people walked out 3 songs into his first set after paying $60 to be there. Add him to your list.

another story is that following the loss of his license to a DUI he was caught riding his lawn mower several miles to get booze.

Willie turns 80 in 4 days. It's only been a few months since he played a smaller show in Charlotte where he was so hammered that people walked out 3 songs into his first set after paying $60 to be there. Add him to your list.

Seriously? I've been to 10 or so Willie shows (most recently in December) and have never seen anything of the like.. I know he smokes a lot of pot but I'm not sure he drinks at all these days.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just find it very surprising.

He Stopped Loving Her Today is indeed a sad song, but The Door always tears me up.

White Lighting makes me laugh every time, no matter how many times I hear it.

Back