• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

They justify by just saying "y'all go ahead". They don't need to pretend to be serious anymore. There's no reason to go through the trouble. They will just write some bullshit about the founders and christian nation, yada yada, it's done.
That's it. That's the point.

21 you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22 You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24 As it is written: “God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.”[

They justify by just saying "y'all go ahead". They don't need to pretend to be serious anymore. There's no reason to go through the trouble. They will just write some bullshit about the founders and christian nation, yada yada, it's done.
Or just completely fabricate the facts of the scenario and rule on what they want it to be, like the coach praying "alone" on the sidelines.

I doubt a single Republican will be shamed by this, but I still appreciate Christians using actual religious teachings to call out the cult members on the right who have decided their religion just happens to call on them to do the things they want to do anyway.

"What if teachers started secretly baptizing kids at school & hid it from Parents? What would the left's reaction be?"

Roy Moore is one of the few evangelical voices speaking out against Trump

On E. Jean Carroll: “Think about the teenage girl in a church somewhere who’s being abused by her youth pastor, wondering whether to come forward,” Christianity Today’s Russell Moore said on “Meet the Press” on Sunday. “[W]hen the victim is ridiculed by a presidential candidate in front of a crowd, the response is laughter. That has devastating implications.”

“I can’t speak for all evangelicals, I can only speak for myself,” he said. “And Jesus said ‘Let your yes be yes and your no be no.’ I’ll let my never, never.”

lol

glad to hear that Tim Moore is speaking out against Trump.

“Think about the teenage girl in a church somewhere who’s being abused by her youth pastor, wondering whether to come forward,” Christianity Today’s Russell Moore said on “Meet the Press” on Sunday. “[W]hen the victim is ridiculed by a presidential candidate in front of a crowd, the response is laughter. That has devastating implications.”
That's the purpose. The whole goal is to silence that teenage girl and other women who threaten to speak out against the patriarchy.

Jerry Falwell, Jr. has filed an amended lawsuit against Liberty University, naming his own brother (the school chancellor) and a president emeritus as defendants. In the complaint he claims that leaders of the university have misused their power to "donate" over a million dollars from the university to organizations they own or control, and that he personally knows of several Liberty University leaders, including "a former President, a former Dean, a former Provost, and a current Executive Committee member" who all had extramarital affairs while being employed by the university. Apparently Little Falwell is pissed that they were all privately "forgiven" for their transgressions and allowed to continue to serve the school, while he was fired. Quite the Moral "Shining City on a Hill" they have there.

Link: https://www.christianpost.com/news/jerry-falwell-jr-accuses-liberty-u-leaders-of-misconduct.html

Unsurprising that folks practicing such a petty, hypercritical, politicized pseudo-Christian religion might be…”worldly”.

Neither stunning, nor surprising to anyone PAYING ATTENTION.

He's off the evangelical welfare teet and he's pissed.

Just heard a quasi Texas minister seeking to defend religion in Texas schools say in response to whether he believes in the separation of church and state.

And I quote, “I believe the reason why that was put in the US Constitution was specifically to keep the State out of religion, not to keep religion out of the State”

Are you shitting me. These wackos have to be stopped.

Just heard a quasi Texas minister seeking to defend religion in Texas schools say in response to whether he believes in the separation of church and state.

And I quote, “I believe the reason why that was put in the US Constitution was specifically to keep the State out of religion, not to keep religion out of the State”

Are you shitting me. These wackos have to be stopped.
I'll find thr third party candidate that can do it any day now !

Back