• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

I knew someone would post this. I just wasn't sure who.

People pay taxes. Churches don't. The only reason poor people don't pay income taxes is they don't have enough money to do so.

And the vouchers are granted to people who spend them at schools, religious or not. Many of those legit charter schools are non-profits, including religion based ones. I’m against vouchers across the board, but your argument is inconsistent.

Ok do like Thanksgiving and make it the 3rd Sunday of April or something.

This is a very Western view. They did pick a date and the date of Easter is based on the Jewish lunar calendar with Passover being the 14th of Nisan. You also realize that it's only 2016 in Ethiopia, right?

Liar. How do you support death to gays and death to trans regimes and come here and pretend to protect them. Are Americans killing these folks?

Well, go get your friend to tell me to pipe down again.

And get over yourself, not every post is about you.
I don't really understand this post (and some of your previous ones), as who is supporting regimes that are anti-LGTBQ?

First, there are a lot of "Christian" countries where it is as or more dangerous to be gay or trans than many countries that are predominantly Islamic, such as Uganda, Nigeria, and South Sudan (Christianity here in quotes not to call their Christianity into question, but because I don't believe countries can be Christian, only people, and any marriage between any religion and the law of the land is going to be necessarily oppressive as we've seen with Christian, Islamic, Hindu, and Buddhist states).

Second, while not clear in your post, I'm assuming that this is in reference to many on this board advocating for an end to bombing and genocide in Palestine (especially with American support and arms). I don't see any supposed hypocrisy (both are advocating for the ability of people to live). This is a drastically different stance that advocating for the advance and support of theocratic rule. I haven't seen anyone here who is pro-Hamas, just that the actions taken by the country of Israel against Palestinians (both in it's apartheid-like rule and current genocide) are wrong and the US should use its influence to end it, rather than supporting it. There is also a stark difference in the handling of equally anti-LGBTQ nation states as Saudi Arabia is one of the most dangerous countries for those that are gay or trans.

This is a very Western view. They did pick a date and the date of Easter is based on the Jewish lunar calendar with Passover being the 14th of Nisan. You also realize that it's only 2016 in Ethiopia, right?
Well just more replying to all the people getting offended that Easter happened to fall on the established date of Trans Day of Visibility

Last edited:
I was responding to this quote:

"The two Christian schools here in my county give me the creeps. Seem lots of folks use it as a 'status' symbol, too."

It has nothing to do with vouchers, it specified a type of school that "give me the creeps."

Learn to read dickhead.
Quite the Easter message.

I was responding to this quote:

"The two Christian schools here in my county give me the creeps. Seem lots of folks use it as a 'status' symbol, too."

It has nothing to do with vouchers, it specified a type of school that "give me the creeps."

Learn to read dickhead.
Then use the reply function. Learn how to use the internet, dickhead.

And the vouchers are granted to people who spend them at schools, religious or not. Many of those legit charter schools are non-profits, including religion based ones. I’m against vouchers across the board, but your argument is inconsistent.

That was an argument specific to churches since we were talking specifically about churches.

Then use the reply function. Learn how to use the internet, dickhead.
And I would engage (with centerdeac) only to the extent that logical fallacies aren't abused.

My experience with the rural religious right doesn't recommend engagement, however. It's often a frightening combination of ignorance and cultism.

See if you can talk the Rabbis into and and then talk to the Pope. The date for Easter is based on Passover. It's very simple.
Either pick a date or don’t complain when your date happens to overlap with an established holiday with a set date

Back