• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

When is the last time you heard an “evangelical leader” talk about salvation?

LOL at that "defense" of Trump. It's not a religious statement, but a right-wing political screed. Of course, people like this minister don't see any difference. I'm sure he probably thinks there are no liberal Christians, or that it's impossible to be one. It's no accident that the very first thing he mentioned in praise of Trump was that he's appointed two conservative SC justices and a bunch of other conservative judges to lower federal courts. I continue to find it highly ironic that one of the main Evangelical defenses of Trump is that he's appointing god-fearing conservative Christian judges to promote values from the bench that their own hero either ignores, disdains, or doesn't bother to practice in his public or private life. They're basically arguing that having an Anti-Christ as their adored leader is OK because he's promoting their presumed Christ-like values, except in many respects their values aren't Christ-like any more than Trumps are. Pharisees, the lot of them.

Yep. Good post highland

When is the last time you heard an “evangelical leader” talk about salvation?

Or putting your Hope in Christ?

Also why the need to respond to CTs first article on this when “you” (evangelicals) cast the first stone by labeling all left leaning politicians and voters baby killers and godless heathens?

The evangelicals who are butt hurt over CTs article can’t get the nuance that these are fellow Christians saying “wait a minute... we’re not calling into question your faith and we generally support republicans because they’re pro life, but this guy Trump is far beyond anything we’ve ever spoken about...” like someone said, the Christian Post people just love the victim mentality and are deeply insecure in their faiths it seems.

The evangelicals who are butt hurt over CTs article can’t get the nuance that these are fellow Christians saying “wait a minute... we’re not calling into question your faith and we generally support republicans because they’re pro life, but this guy Trump is far beyond anything we’ve ever spoken about...” like someone said, the entire Republican Party apparatus loves the victim mentality and are deeply insecure in their faiths it seems.

FIFY

Jesus died on the cross so they don’t have to but you wouldn’t get that from their victimhood complex. I grew up in a black Christian framework informed by the Civil Rights era and there’s not a victimhood complex at all even though people in it have actually been victims.

Uh, Dems don’t claim the moral religious high ground my dude.

Thanks republicans for showing us exactly who you

254b89d8ee5bba6332d3778c68a2f96d.gif

I actually agree with the premise of CT’s article, while I wouldn’t say trump has committed an impeachable offense, I do think his presidency reveals the danger of tying your faith to a presidency or a party. Trump is not a Christian and any attempt to paint him as such is tying a noose around the gospel.

I actually agree with the premise of CT’s article, while I wouldn’t say trump has committed an impeachable offense, I do think his presidency reveals the danger of tying your faith to a presidency or a party. Trump is not a Christian and any attempt to paint him as such is tying a noose around the gospel.

Why do you not believe Trump tying foreign aid to a political, personally advantageous investigation is an abuse of power and therefore impeachable?

Or do you not believe Trump tied foreign aid to a political, personally advantageous investigation?

Wrangor is on the sailor WHITEY BULGAR!!!!!!!! train.

Mississippi always overcomes education. Always.

What is abuse of power if it's not extorting an ally to have them do a political hack job on your behalf?

He didn't ask them to do something for America. He demanded they do something for Donald Trump personally or innocent citizens of Ukraine would die at the hands of the Russians.

This is a perspective I just don't understand. I respectfully ask, what is the bar for impeachment in conservative circles? If you can't speak for conservatives at large, what is it for you?

Where are the thread police when you need them? This thread isn’t even about dem hypocrisy, much less impeachment.

It's probably the Dems' fault. Something something Bill Clinton.

Such a dem response — If you don’t insist on personal responsibility for others, eventually you begin to lose it for yourself.

No, it shows you'd like a dictatorship that includes a thought police.

Such a dem response — If you don’t insist on personal responsibility for others, eventually you begin to lose it for yourself.

Seems like the Dem's learned that lesson in the late 90's and the Pub's learned the opposite. See, now we are back to hypocrisy, you're welcome.

Not entirely sure what you’re trying to say here but if I had to guess I’d say you’re calling Pete out claiming moral high ground? What he said was that the GOP has inappropriately co-opted Christianity (same thing the CT article said) and also called them out for their hypocrisy of claiming moral high ground while shitting all over those values simultaneously. You disagree?

Shouldn’t you be with your family or something?

In junebug's defense (feels icky I know) he was never the same after the overgold.

Back