• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

You'll have to excuse the vulgar half-wit, he's not a deacon

Wow. They just disrespect everybody. I got a particularly good laugh at 1:05.

Related. SNL Weekend Update did a bit about the Oath Keeper with an eyepatch who got charged with a sedition and they did not skimp on the eyepatch jokes. Good on them.

Wow. They just disrespect everybody. I got a particularly good laugh at 1:05.

Related. SNL Weekend Update did a bit about the Oath Keeper with an eyepatch who got charged with a sedition and they did not skimp on the eyepatch jokes. Good on them.

He did shoot his eye out.

That’s worth reading.

Davis is fully convinced that the continued denial of the nature of the Jan. 6 insurrection, and especially “all the lies that precipitated it,” is causing major division in the church.

However, Davis believes the seeds of this division had been sown years earlier with events including the death of George Floyd, the 2017 “Unite the Right” Charlottesville rally, the announcement of Donald Trump’s presidency, and even Barack Obama’s election as president.

“This crisis of church leadership and Christian public witness has been decades in the making,” Davis explained. “The seeds have been sown over many years, and the harvest is finally here.”

Decades is correct.

Notice how QAnon basically stopped after the election? It's like conservatives get hoped up on some weird disinformation drug leading up to every election and the high immediately wears off after they vote. But it's a gateway to the next weird drug two years later.

There are similarities in the experiences of pastors and teachers as we've been discussing on the Political Chat thread. It's the same group of people who are just dedicated to wearing down institutions and those who serve with their nonsense.

That's a good read. I did find it interesting that one of the pastors joined the Anglican Church in search of an "ancient path" that was presumably less rooted in politics in deference to one leader. He's going to be disappointed when he learns the history.

Last edited:
Yep.

And they’ve grown ever more comfortable with dishonesty as fuel for their addictive passion.

When another Christian in the community (not a member of his church) shared on social media a fake photo of Sen. Bernie Sanders protesting a Civil Rights march, a family friend confronted her about spreading lies. The woman explained that she knew it wasn’t true but persisted in sharing it because “I’d like to believe it’s true.”

…thus partly explaining how they can follow an obvious pathological liar and are drawn into the evermore fantastically dishonest conservative mediasphere.

Yep.

And they’ve grown ever more comfortable with dishonesty as fuel for their addictive passion.

Yep. I remember one time we were having a discussion about the underhanded tricks and lies Republicans use to make abortion less accessible. Someone confronted Wrangor with the moral conundrum of bearing false witness as a way to push an anti-abortion agenda. He said he was it was justified. The so-called Christian right is very comfortable with dishonesty as a tool for further their agenda.

Notice how QAnon basically stopped after the election? It's like conservatives get hoped up on some weird disinformation drug leading up to every election and the high immediately wears off after they vote. But it's a gateway to the next weird drug two years later.

There are similarities in the experiences of pastors and teachers as we've been discussing on the Political Chat thread. It's the same group of people who are just dedicated to wearing down institutions and those who serve with their nonsense.

That's a good read. I did find it interesting that one of the pastors joined the Anglican Church in search of an "ancient path" that was presumably less rooted in politics in deference to one leader. He's going to be disappointed when he learns the history.

Most American Christians have very little to no understanding of church history.

QAnon hasn't stopped. They thought JFK Jr. was going to be reincarnated in Dallas last month.

I'm pretty sure it's self-perpetuating at this point. I don't think there's an actual Q pushing anything.

These “Christian” “Patriots” have lost their damn minds.

Passion whut is generated and misplaced by misinformation is ugly and hazardous. And unfortunately easy to perpetuate.

Christian nationalists used to try to elect someone who was at least superficially the biggest Christian in the race. Now they just get behind the biggest nationalist/fascist, and hope the Christianity part solves itself via the majority of the populace.

Back