• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sox

interesting to see if varitek catches tonight with beckett on the hill. back to backs for him is definitely a bad idea.

It might also mean that Beck is requesting Tek. That could also be a problem. I did not think Clay looked bad last night save the first pitch and the last inning. Jed is a hero right now.

Well right, Beckett has made it very clear he wants to pitch to tek, I am just curious to see what francona decides to do. Clay looked pretty bad he was lucky to escape imo.

heard j bay was looking MONTE in his rehab outings. how stoked are you apetit?

pumped for this 10:05 PM EST start. I might actually get to watch this in its entirety.

@Buccigross: Red Sox pitchers have a 2.50 ERA with Varitek catching. When Jarrod Saltamacchia is behind the plate, the pitching staff has a 7.14 ERA.

Well, it was fun to think of what could've been. And not post anything about it.

Beckkkkkkkkkkkkkkett still pwning n00bs!

I had to give up and go to sleep after the 8th last night, but that had all the makings of a classic, west coast, Sox are going to end up giving it away kind of game. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning and find out they had won.

Beckett was fantastic, again. He's really carrying the staff right now.

Beckett looked like Beckett last night! He had sooo much movement in his pitches and overall the Sox just looked good...............just need to stop leaving 20+ guys on the bags.

Beckett looked like Beckett last night! He had sooo much movement in his pitches and overall the Sox just looked good...............just need to stop leaving 20+ guys on the bags.

I thought I read this morning that the Sox are hitting something like .190 on the season with runners in scoring position. That number is bound to come up--once it does, and assuming the pitching stays straightened out, they'll be the team they were expected to be.

^ I sure hope so! It just seems to me that they are getting to anxious at the plate.
I have a good feeling about this team and I think they are starting to take shape.
V-Tek has to stay behind the plate!

Is there a place online to catch Sox games for those of us who are unable to watch on tv?

Beckett is back! Very encouraging. I like to watch this guy pitch. I just don't like all his necklaces.

I stayed up to watch the game last night. It made today a bit of a struggle but well worth it. Once again, Beckett was filthy.

Back