• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The top three OGboards sports threads are soccer-related?

The biggest upset in this thread is that it took dv7 TWO clips to get to ManU gifs. I'm shocked he didn't go straight there.

I'm more upset that he hasn't posted the Stevie Me whiff kick....I've seen it a thousand times, and I still laugh.

Three threads....out of 3,587 at the time of this post

You do realize that we historically are arguably a much better soccer school than any of the big 3 sports, don't you?

I'm more upset that he hasn't posted the Stevie Me whiff kick....I've seen it a thousand times, and I still laugh.

soccer-miss.gif

Big 3? College baseball is junk.

Yes but by being baseball was still accepted as a main sport for decades. The Wake v State baseball game used to be why North Carolina had Easter Monday off from work. Also, since we have won a National Championship in it, I was heading off a "cherry picking" retort

Stig, I don't think any of the soccer threads in the OP have anything to do with Wake. I don't read them and don't have too much of a problem avoiding them but they are always on the first page. A feature allowing you to permanently block some of the season long posts that don't interest people would be cool.

Stig, I don't think any of the soccer threads in the OP have anything to do with Wake. I don't read them and don't have too much of a problem avoiding them but they are always on the first page. A feature allowing you to permanently block some of the season long posts that don't interest people would be cool.

I realize that. My thoughts are more of: Wake is great at soccer. Wake students become (or come to Wake because of) fans of soccer. Wake students/alum follow professional soccer teams. How many of us followed the Spurs just because of Duncan? I'm not much of a soccer fan so I don't open those threads. No big deal.

I watch soccer for the slap and kick fights. I'm surprised those girly men don't pull hair too.

Incorrect. Ike Opara is popping back onto the USMNT scene and we talk about his progress regularly. He captained the U-23s against Mexico Wednesday night and will be a very important part of Olympic qualifying.

blackgold = keeper

also, Soccer is a great sport. Soccer is the only sport at Wake that ever exceeded my expectations. Seeing a blood covered Julian Valentine holding the College Cup is one of my favorite Wake memories.
9802_jpg.jpg

Back