• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"The U.S. military is a national security threat"

siff

Scott "Rufio" Feather
Reaction score
"America's armed forces are a massive drain on resources that could otherwise strengthen the country"

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/24/the...eat/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

military-1.png

I do not believe the words "national security threat" mean what the author thinks they mean. It's Salon. What do you expect?

Eh. It's RaleighDevil. What do you expect?

I do not believe the words "national security threat" mean what the author thinks they mean. It's Salon. What do you expect?

I'm fairly certain the author understands what these words mean. It's conservatives who fail to comprehend what our gross overspending on military has done to our country.

I'm fairly certain the author understands what these words mean. It's conservatives who fail to comprehend what our gross overspending on military has done to our country.

[and here]

It's clear we can't spend money on everything we'd like to. Perhaps we should stick to those items for which there is Constitutional authority.

Fun little graphic, but at a tad misleading, since it leaves out our single largest expense: the entitlement program of social security.

Further, who is the "you" in "your"? Shouldn't it be "This is where the minority of Americans who paid taxes last year's dollars went." Maybe if everybody paid we could afford the entitlement programs that comprise a plurality of federal spending (hey liars: quit focusing only on so-called discretionary spending). There's graphics that tell the whole story, like the one I posted.

That's a fun little statement, since we all pay into Social Security. I love when guys like you tell me that a fund into which I pay is actually an "entitlement."

That's a fun little statement, since we all pay into Social Security. I love when guys like you tell me that a fund into which I pay is actually an "entitlement."

Why don't we stick to factual statements?

Back