• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The U to learn its punishment tomorrow

Well, any help is good help. This will be the discussion point all week for the media. Wake won't be mentioned at all, could be for better or worse.

A suspension of half their team for this weekend's game would work for me.

Yeah, but per the usual WF shitty luck, this will bite us in the ass. The U will be pissed and take it out on us.

The tempest shall be vanquished
By the quill of the august body
Which shall find itself vanquished
By its own hubris

The NCAA may decide to vacate some wins that the players who got the benefits played in. Retroactive. Wont really change anything except some record books. Might also dock them a few scholarships. Some players got extra, now you get fewer.

I think they play their best game of the season against us. They got embarrassed in Chapel Hill, even if they got the win. But that's okay, cause we got a thing or two for Florida State. Heard it here first folks!

Seven hail Marys
Lose one badminton scholarship
The NCAA will pay all Miami's legal expenses and for the hookers Shapiro used for the team

I think they play their best game of the season against us. They got embarrassed in Chapel Hill, even if they got the win. But that's okay, cause we got a thing or two for Florida State. Heard it here first folks!

I know FSU is way better than they have been and way better than we are, but I wouldn't be surprised if we played them better than Miami. I do think Miami will play pissed off, and I don't think we will perform well away in a big stadium.

Forfeit the remaining games this season. Make it hurt NCAA overlords...

I know FSU is way better than they have been and way better than we are, but I wouldn't be surprised if we played them better than Miami. I do think Miami will play pissed off, and I don't think we will perform well away in a big stadium.

Like State fans excuse that they don't play we'll in small stadiums, so that's why they lose at BB&T?

Just reported, no bowl ban, loses 9 schollies over 3 years. Slap on the wrist.

Just reported, no bowl ban, loses 9 schollies over 3 years. Slap on the wrist.

Given what they already self-imposed, I am not sure why people expecting anything more. Two bowl games, 10 scholarships.

Given what they already self-imposed, I am not sure why people expecting anything more. Two bowl games, 10 scholarships.

The guy on ESPN said it probably would've been worse had the NCAA not botched the investigation.

Edited to add: They also just reported that former Miami hoops coach, Frank Haith will be suspended 5 games.

Last edited:
Not a fan of self-imposed penalties. Especially since they 'self-imposed' late in both seasons. In neither year did they start the year saying "We're going to self-impose" a penalty on us, but waited until late in the season. Call me cynical, but if Miami was sitting in the position they will likely be in this year in either of those years, I'm not sure they would have fallen on the sword so quickly.

It's easy to self-impose when you'll be going to a crappy bowl with a fan base that doesn't travel outside of South Florida.

Back