• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The War on Science is Really Rolling Now

pour, do you think more government interference will make science better?

LOL.......that's hillarious. So the left politicizes science, weaponizes it against "the stupid and ignorant and religious", ratchets it up to fever pitch, and NOW they call for it to be non-partisan??????

Where are these people when it's used inappropriately to attack people politically? Where is the accountability when they allowed a completely bogus vaccine/autism paper to get into the biggest medical science journal on the planet, creating the recent anti-vaccination movement. It was all fine and dandy when they want to play into the "man existence is bad" narrative....so these well-trained ethical scientists couldn't resist the fabricated "autism is increasing" story. Then these well meaning well trained scientists linked the increase to vaccines which pointed to the evils of big pharma screwing everyone, another liberal narrative. The link wasn't even statistically significant!!! That means by fiat they weren't well-trained, and neither were the reviewers and editors of the top medical science journal that allowed it into the journal.

But THEN after welcoming all this bad science because it played into popular progressive narratives, they turned around and blamed the stupid and ignorant for believing said SCIENCE.....when the bad science was exposed. REPEAT. That's what most people see today.....a lot of bad science pushed for progressive political reasons to attack half the population, science that THEY help pay for.

I'm glad someone is finally calling for a non-partisan viewpoint. As they allude to, a lot of scientists aren't exactly excited to March for Science when they know it'll just end up looking like the March for Women...and make things worse than they already are.

Are you trying to claim the anti-vax movement is a left leaning movement?

I don't know if that's what he was arguing but the anti-science movement isn't just an I'm too dumb to understand issue on the right, it's also an I am educated look at how successful I am in business I can read up on this and form my own opinion from internet research movement on the left. One side is anti-science in they just don't "believe" in science the other is pro-science only if I can fit it to my already formed opinion.

Are you trying to claim the anti-vax movement is a left leaning movement?

I think it probably is more so left-leaning. It's the fringe of both sides, but left more than right.

With that said demographically speaking uneducated is still number one in the distrust science correlation.

I think it probably is more so left-leaning. It's the fringe of both sides, but left more than right.

Pew survey basically has it as a wash, 34, 22, 33 between republican, democrat, and independent on parents should decide vaccines and vaccine schedule. At any rate it's insanely too high.

Nothing to see here just a baby boomer leaving one more fuck you to the rest of society. Won't be around to deal with it so why care.

climate change clearly doing itself no favors by not facing the reality of running a terrible candidate in hillary clinton and focusing instead on the russian hacking thing

Also missed in the climate announcements was Trumps amended budget for the fiscal year 2017 where he looks for 18 billion in cuts mostly to pay for his wall and military. In those cuts 1.2 billion to the NIH this year, 350 million to the CDC, almost 100 million of it to HIV programs, and 50 million to the FDA. Can you feel the greatness!

Oh this is amazing looking at the description and justification section in the amendment. Especially because it has it juxtaposed to the continuing resolution funding as well as the previous house and senate bills for 2017.

-50 for highly pathogenic avian influenza outbreak there's enough balance left to respond to current TN cases (don't worry there won't be any more)

-136, food insecurity grant (huge famine occurring right now, we will ignore)

-49 end rural farming business grants (the people that elected him get the Fuck you, interesting that the house actually looked for 18 million more)

-65 pacific coast salmon fund (this is just funny, no salmon for you)

-350 NSF to reduce grants given, no explanation.

DOE -37 Science could absorb a reduction (that's it)

-377 americorps not a core function to promote volunteerism

There are just too fucking many

-50 teen pregnancy prevention, states can use what they have already learned to reduce rates (more of those bad bad abortions incoming)

-49 public health and preparedness grants (kinda contradicts the 2018 budget where a rapid response and preparedness fund is suppose to be created)

-50 domestics HIV/AIDS will eliminate less effective research and prevention ( thanks Mike Pence, remember Indiana, do we have an opioid crisis right now, do people use needles?)

-90 global health programs to TB, Polio, Neglected tropical diseases (the ones that will be coming next because of accelerated climate change)

-499 national infrastructure investments (I think we were promised infrastructure, unless that just means a wall)

Last edited:
Pew survey basically has it as a wash, 34, 22, 33 between republican, democrat, and independent on parents should decide vaccines and vaccine schedule. At any rate it's insanely too high.

Thanks for doing the leg work.

I mean, fake news, alternate fact, false flag, false flag!

There are just too fucking many

-50 teen pregnancy prevention, states can use what they have already learned to reduce rates (more of those bad bad abortions incoming)

-49 public health and preparedness grants (kinda contradicts the 2018 budget where a rapid response and preparedness fund is suppose to be created)

-50 domestics HIV/AIDS will eliminate less effective research and prevention ( thanks Mike Pence, remember Indiana, do we have an opioid crisis right now, do people use needles?)

-90 global health programs to TB, Polio, Neglected tropical diseases (the ones that will be coming next because of accelerated climate change)

-499 national infrastructure investments (I think we were promised infrastructure, unless that just means a wall)

The infrastructure we need are walls, moats, and wagon roads.

This is a war on everybody except rich white guys who don't care about anybody else.

This is Ph's ultimate answer to everything in life. If only life were so simple.

I happen to agree with him. This entire administration are whores to the almighty dollar, and it just so happens to be run by mostly ultra rich white guys. Their entire platform seems to make themselves richer...including our abortion of a president.

Back