• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Cat > This Dog

Got to love reddit.

"The real reason the cat attacked the dog"
teTOVQQ.gif

My cat brought a half dead mole into our den last night and starting eating it. I was not pleased. Earlier this week, she left a dead chipmunk and a dead snake on the back door. Must be alot of action in the yard with summer coming.

My cat does the same thing...moles, baby bunnies, chipmunk, you name it. If she catches it, she eats it.

My dogs kill little animals and then bring them to me lifeless and dripping in their saliva.
Then they look all pissed off at me when I throw the lifeless carcass away. As if they are saying, "you ungrateful bastard. You feed us all the time, so we try to do something nice for you and you throw it in the trash. Dick move, master. DICK. MOVE."

I have had dogs and cats all of my life, but consider myself a dog person, primarily because I understand dogs. They like to eat, they like to play, they like attention and affection, and return the same. Cats do not seem to care that they the same house as human beings. I feel like the cat lives in my house thanks he was deposited here on a secret spy mission and his duties to observe my habits, plot my demise, and report back to his leader.

If I was at the computer I would post a link...but this cat (and his family) is throwing out the first pitch at a minor league game this weekend!

I have had dogs and cats all of my life, but consider myself a dog person, primarily because I understand dogs. They like to eat, they like to play, they like attention and affection, and return the same. Cats do not seem to care that they the same house as human beings. I feel like the cat lives in my house thanks he was deposited here on a secret spy mission and his duties to observe my habits, plot my demise, and report back to his leader.

Some of you really do not try to understand cats. Some of you irrationally hate them, probably because you have some need to have something (dog) that is so dependent on it's owner, maybe it's an ego thing. I love both dogs and cats. It's up to the owner how your pet reacts and interacts. If you have never had a cat that likes to eat, play, likes attention and affection and returns the same, the problem is YOU.

The problem is that cats are useless.

Irony that the OP and video show otherwise. Even if my cat was useless, I don't have to get out of bed to let the dog out, pay kennel/dog sitting fees for a weekend away, worry about not being able to be gone all day without having a dog plan, replace whatever I own that the dog has chewed, wash the dog, worry that my dog is keeping the neighbors up, know that my family secretly hates my dog because whenever they come over the dog jumps on them relentlessly, etc., etc., etc. And my cat has sense enough to not eat it's own shit. Think about that the next time your getting a face full of dog love.

Anecdotal evidence of this one cat isn't exactly a strong argument.

Also, I'm not sure I get the appeal of not having to do anything for the pet like you are saying with cats. That is basically what your argument there was, right? That dogs require work and love while cats are self-sufficient? Then why bother having one as a pet? Again, useless.

(and if your dog jumps on your family relentlessly, barks incessantly outside, etc. etc., then that is on you as an owner for not training your pet.)

Anecdotal evidence of this one cat isn't exactly a strong argument.

Also, I'm not sure I get the appeal of not having to do anything for the pet like you are saying with cats. That is basically what your argument there was, right? That dogs require work and love while cats are self-sufficient? Then why bother having one as a pet? Again, useless.

(and if your dog jumps on your family relentlessly, barks incessantly outside, etc. etc., then that is on you as an owner for not training your pet.)

No, my argument is you, like most people who don't like cats, never gave them a chance. I have had dogs all my life. Love them. Did not want a cat. Got one, so instead of ignoring it or viewing it as someone deposited on a secret spy mission, I learned how to interact with it, and found out that cats are great. Don't give a shit if you don't like them, your loss. And, as you cat haters continue to point out, the cats don't give a shit either.

When the only positive for a cat that you can come up with is that you don't have to get up early because it shits in a box in the corner of your living room, you're not going to win many debating championships.

Back