• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This mass republican defection is going to blow up in GOP's face

I can't tell you why but this is bad.

mysterious

f_DqaG.gif

The only problem with what is going on now in the GOP is that it didn't happen 6 months ago.

The waffling, enabling, and fence-straddling while Trump ran through the entire party is what will be their downfall, not calling him out now that he has shit all over them.

The only problem with what is going on now in the GOP is that it didn't happen 6 months ago.

The waffling, enabling, and fence-straddling while Trump ran through the entire party is what will be their downfall, not calling him out now that he has shit all over them.

They ran 16 people against him. What else could they have done during the primary? The voters chose Trump.

I don't think a defection at any time was the answer.

This could spell the end of the GOP as we know it

They ran 16 people against him. What else could they have done during the primary? The voters chose Trump.

Yeah this is pretty much it. Anger trumps intelligent, rationale thought. Pun intended.

If less people had ran Trump wouldn't have been the nominee. The trash of the party allowed Trump to float along until it was too late.

Women aren't going to forget going after Megyn Kelly via menstration or Heidi Cruz's looks. Latinos won't forget wanting to round up and deport 11M people and break up families with minor US citizens piece meal and Blacks won't forget birtherism. GOP can't explain to those groups how Trump still received 14M primary votes in a crowded primary field. Tea Party will strip Ryan's speakership if he allows a House vote on immigration reform even if it's initiated by a Dem Senate.

The GOP's problem was that they tap danced around calling a Trump a bigot instead of just doing it. It allowed GOP primary voters to feel comfortable with his rhetoric and his candidacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest problem with the GOP is that a plurality of their voting base prefers somebody like Trump.

Trump isn't the problem moving forward, it's the electorate that voted for him in the first place. He tapped into emotions about minorities, trade, the "rigged" system, and many other things that made them feel empowered and alright to act that way too.

Many people are saying, not me, but many very smart people are saying that a new thread should be started about "mass Republican defecation".

Jeb, Kasich, Walker, and Rubio are all remotely competent for the job. At least they are no less competent than W or Obama were when they first ran. But the voters chose Trump. I would imagine there are Trump primary voters who are experiencing buyer's remorse.

Cruz, Kasich, and Walker are the most likely 2016 wannabes to try again in 2020. McCain and Palin still have never publicly dissed each other and Pence likely won't diss Trump either. Cruz's position on Trump is clear and any other 'Pubs with 2020 aspirations will have to distance themselves from Trump at some point. Have to balance 2020 general election prospects against antagonizing/alienating as many as 14M pissed off Trumpbots.

Back