• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thoughts on the game

Thomas looks good. He was making strong moves to both sides but still finishing with his left. He missed a couple 10-15 foot jumpers early in the game and kind of abandoned it. But the shot didn't look terrible. He could really become a weapon if those drop.

It seemed like the staff was experimenting with lineups which affected any one player from getting going for an extended period of time. I don't get why they had Overton in there up like 8-10 with 3 minutes left. The game was by no means in the bag.

When codi is feeling it he's pretty much unguardable. We need to find a way to get him going early and often. It seems like we only get that aggressive codi like 15-20% of time. Find a way to increase that and we'll be a much better team.

That being said, it's all about defense. There's no reason we shouldn't have decent perimeter defense on this team. We have length at the wings. We need everyone on the same page.

Thomas looks good. He was making strong moves to both sides but still finishing with his left. He missed a couple 10-15 foot jumpers early in the game and kind of abandoned it. But the shot didn't look terrible. He could really become a weapon if those drop.

It seemed like the staff was experimenting with lineups which affected any one player from getting going for an extended period of time. I don't get why they had Overton in there up like 8-10 with 3 minutes left. The game was by no means in the bag.

When codi is feeling it he's pretty much unguardable. We need to find a way to get him going early and often. It seems like we only get that aggressive codi like 15-20% of time. Find a way to increase that and we'll be a much better team.That being said, it's all about defense. There's no reason we shouldn't have decent perimeter defense on this team. We have length at the wings. We need everyone on the same page.

Let's face it, as long as Jeff [Redacted] is our coach, our players have to be self-motivators.

A chair of one of the major boards at the school goes to my church here in Atlanta.

We had a discussion today when she saw me wearing my WF pin about Bzz. She said that everyone was expecting a BIG improvement or Coach was in deep deep trouble.

Def a tough morning for Deac fans and I'm devastated about our football guys' disappointment over the lack of student support yesterday at the game, but at least we might be rid of Bzz after this year...

Which stratton do you go to church with?

Such words from board members are hollow. If they cared, he'd already be gone.

Also in spite of papering The Joel with free tickets, the alleged "crowd" was 7402. It looked a lot more like 4702 or less. That's totally unacceptable.

When was the last time you where at a Wake home game?

Twenty ONE: I agree.

It is all about defense. Always has been.

Until this team learns to play defense as a unit with intensity for an entire game, they will never achieve the success they desire.

It is that simple!

Well in their opinion, they wanted someone to "clean up" the program. To his credit, Bzz has done that. He's cleaned us up but set us back years. Again this is the whole LOWF mentality all over again.

But I was encouraged that she was clearly not pleased.

for the 1 billionth time. There was nothing to clean up except for some idiot professors who didn't like basketball players leaving wake forest after 2 years to go earn MILLIONS in the NBA. If they win gold medals and star in commercials, they love them, if they just toil in the NBA, they have no culture.

A chair of one of the major boards at the school goes to my church here in Atlanta.

We had a discussion today when she saw me wearing my WF pin about Bzz. She said that everyone was expecting a BIG improvement or Coach was in deep deep trouble.

Def a tough morning for Deac fans and I'm devastated about our football guys' disappointment over the lack of student support yesterday at the game, but at least we might be rid of Bzz after this year...

What a bold statement. Must be a very knowledgeable person.

for the 1 billionth time. There was nothing to clean up except for some idiot professors who didn't like basketball players leaving wake forest after 2 years to go earn MILLIONS in the NBA. If they win gold medals and star in commercials, they love them, if they just toil in the NBA, they have no culture.

This. Thank you. Truth. QFT. etc, etc, etc ...

It is stunning how many otherwise seemingly intelligent folks bought and keep spewing this ridiculous notion that there was a "culture" issue to clean up. Simpletons.

So how did "a few idiot professors" get a hold of Wellman's dong and start twisting? Why did Wellman pay them any mind?

So how did "a few idiot professors" get a hold of Wellman's dong and start twisting? Why did Wellman pay them any mind?

I can't say much... but it involved an egg beater, spatula, double-sided 12 inch dildo, three border collies and a well placed/well hidden surveillance camera.

I believe that [Redacted] has the pictures of Wellmans dong, not professors. Blackmail is the only rational explanation for Jeff's tenure.

It almost certainly involves Hatch, who as provost at ND was rumored to have been among the causes of ND athletics not being that great. It's not a coincidence that ND athletics have gotten better and WF athletics have gotten worse since he arrived. He just doesn't care about athletic success that much in the grand scheme of things. He's one of the problems standing in the way of a successful athletics program but not the only one.

isn't it "common knowledge" that wellman did not like dino (likely for saying "no" to him e.g. recruit 4 year players) so he fired him and hired bzz? that backfired almost immediately and the #culture talk bs began. wellman did not listen to professors some of them, along with the big-scratch-my-back-i-kiss-your-ass-doners, just bought in to that bs.

I don't understand what they are expecting. It is like they have no idea how the game if basketball is played. Nothing significant has changes so why would we expect different results. They certainly would expect it with their business.

"I know we lost money last year maim, but look on the bright side: our top sales producer (CJ) left for greener pastures and we have a bunch of mediocre sales guys that have some experience now. Profit is bound to go WAY up!"

Well said, Wrangor. I can't understand how successful business people can sign off on these multiple dumpster fires.

Back