• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thrashers moving to Winnipeg...the Jets are back!

i dont think its official yet but this story got legs very fast

while sources say its done and announced tuesday, there are also reports of a group trying to buy and save in atlanta........... who knows

Hail beat me to it but now the rumors swirl on who goes where. gotta think Jets in the western conference, and Detroit has always been rumored to be the next team to jump to the East, but then who goes in the SE division.

i agree with Hail, i think nashville to the SE, and slide Minnesota into the central

i dont think its official yet but this story got legs very fast

while sources say its done and announced tuesday, there are also reports of a group trying to buy and save in atlanta........... who knows

Yea it sure did. LeBrun saying it's not done yet, but:

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
I'm sure Thrash to 'Peg will get done folks. It's just not done yet.
37 minutes ago

ya sounds like its unoffically official just waiting for the ink to dry. atlanta is now 0 for 2 on NHL franchises if this goes through, sad day for that city

Hail beat me to it but now the rumors swirl on who goes where. gotta think Jets in the western conference, and Detroit has always been rumored to be the next team to jump to the East, but then who goes in the SE division.

i agree with Hail, i think nashville to the SE, and slide Minnesota into the central

That would make me sick. I already hate our division and don't think of any of them as rivals.

Can we please go back to the Patrick? Thanks.

That would make me sick. I already hate our division and don't think of any of them as rivals.

Can we please go back to the Patrick? Thanks.

I miss the Patrick

Remember the Smurfs?

Mark Pavelich's 5 goals in one game.

Caps seem to fight more with the NE than SE, but then again is anyone really a rival with Florida?

i think Canes/Caps have a good thing going and TB/Caps now have some history

I honestly look more forward to playing any of the old Patrick teams than any of the SE teams.

Predators to the Southeast?

This is going to get really really interesting. Wings, Preds, and Blue Jackets all want to move to the East.

Based on "pull" in the NHL you have to think the Wings could be the ones to move East, but it probably makes the most sense for Nashville to go to the SE.

Reviving the Patrick Division would be awesome. It's not going to happen, unfortunately.

Caps seem to fight more with the NE than SE, but then again is anyone really a rival with Florida?

i think Canes/Caps have a good thing going and TB/Caps now have some history

At our rate we will have "history" with damn near every team in the East

I hears this week that lil John was trying to save the thrashers. Apparently he is a big hockey fan.

I've heard the name of the new team would be the Manitoba Moose (using the name of the current AHL team), rather than returning to the Jets. :wtf:

As a younger hockey fan, born in the late 80's I wouldn't ever want to see the current Atlantic split up.

Flyers/Devils/Rangers/Penguins have a great thing going right now and have epic rivalries. They also have traditional rivalries with the Isles, but they haven't been all that good for the majority of my life so I don't get as excited for games against them.

But they'd definitely drop Thrashers, right? Terrible concept and ugly sweaters.

Back