• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thrashers moving to Winnipeg...the Jets are back!

other cities in the South can support hockey because they have a bunch of transplants from the North. Atlanta has a lot more transplants from around the Southeast than they do from the North.

Atlanta is not capable of having an NHL team, but the pro football, baseball and basketball teams do ok to great on attendance.

Plus its the strongest college football major city in the country.

Haters gonna hate, no big deal.

I guess I'll miss the Thrash, but not really. The ownership group never really gave them a chance to win and when they were decent they got swept out of the playoffs.

Good for Winnipeg, now if we could get a team back in Quebec and maybe some more in the Pacific NW (Portland, Seattle, maybe even SLC)

Atlanta is the worst city, sports and everything ever. God I hate that city.

No one here cares about hockey, plain and simple. I grew up here and never thought hockey would stick. We can't even play it here accept for one ice skating rink in Alpharetta.

People here care about college football first, college football second, college football third, then pro sports.

Atlanta has a history of being a bad sports fan town. This should be no shock to anyone.

The only reason we lost the Flames is because Tom Cousins lost a bunch of money in real estate and needed cash desparately.

The Braves actually are in the top 10 in attendance...

No they are not

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

And if MLB reported real attendance instead of tickets sold (I understand why they don't) the Braves would be in the bottom 5. No doubt in my mind. The Braves have more no-shows than any team in professional sports.

No they are not

And if MLB reported real attendance instead of tickets sold (I understand why they don't) the Braves would be in the bottom 5. No doubt in my mind. The Braves have more no-shows than any team in professional sports.

Off topic, but evidently, the Cleveland fans still don't believe.

No they are not

Ahh 14th, you GOT ME.

Also your last sentence is hilarious when there are the Marlins to consider.

No one here cares about hockey, plain and simple. I grew up here and never thought hockey would stick. We can't even play it here accept for one ice skating rink in Alpharetta.

People here care about college football first, college football second, college football third, high school football fourth, then pro sports.

FIFY. :thumbsup:

Ahh 14th, you GOT ME.

Also your last sentence is hilarious when there are the Marlins to consider.

The Marlins don't sell a lot of tickets so therefore they do not have many no-shows. The gap between announced attendance and true attendance for the Braves >>>>>>>>>>> the gap between announced attendance and true attendance for the Marlins.

As a Cubs fan I travel down to Atlanta to see my boys play when they are in town. At best it is 50/50 Cubs fans to Braves fans. Even during the playoffs a few years back Atlanta was dubbed "Wrigleyville South" due to the majority of the seats being filled with Cubs fans.

28 Million.

Considering how good the Braves were during that time and how big Turner Field is that it is not impressive. And again, that number has absolutely nothing to do with how many people go to Brave games. Only a Braves fan would argue that it is not ridiculous how many empty seats the Braves play in front of given how successful the team has been. I have always said that it is not uncommon for a team that sucks to get no support and a team that is good to get support...but it is rare that a bad team gets good support or a good team gets bad support. The Braves happen to be one.

Turner Field is about 10k seats too big.

Tons of transplants in Atlanta, so there's always a bunch of Cubbie folks or St Louis or Yankee/Met fans.

Don't see too many Nationals fans.

About freaking time. The NHL belongs in Atlanta like tits belong on a bull.

Considering how good the Braves were during that time and how big Turner Field is that it is not impressive. And again, that number has absolutely nothing to do with how many people go to Brave games. Only a Braves fan would argue that it is not ridiculous how many empty seats the Braves play in front of given how successful the team has been. I have always said that it is not uncommon for a team that sucks to get no support and a team that is good to get support...but it is rare that a bad team gets good support or a good team gets bad support. The Braves happen to be one.

Skins just PWNT you bravos fans.

Braves werent that good this past decade, but nevertheless, they should have better attendance numbers.

Back