• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

thread for Good Design

Yeah, that one is wild. I think some folks wanted to tear it down, too, but I think the SECU moved in there?

read a whole twitter thread about how there's this popular "this is what architecture used to look like" movement that's really just coded white supremacy. It made some sense, but what isn't white supremacy these days

Oh man speaking of dope ass office buildings I fucking love the huge BCBS glass pyramid on 15/501
I worked there for years. It is actually a rhomboid, supposedly on one of two in the world. It is comprised of 3 sets of parallel planes. It was also built backwards in that the back was supposed to be facing 15-501. When it rains, the way the water would run down the glass was one of the most peaceful things I have experienced. It was also horribly inefficent and had a layout with a lot of wasted space. They sold it a decade or so ago. CH Police department moving in to part of it I think....

read a whole twitter thread about how there's this popular "this is what architecture used to look like" movement that's really just coded white supremacy. It made some sense, but what isn't white supremacy these days
Yes, there's lots of bad amateur historians out there, especially on tiktok and youtube.

They should probably just go read Ruskin.

Back