• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

@TieDyeNation

TeagueBag

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it's time for a new Wake BBall twitter handle? I would like to air the following grievances against this twitter handle...

1. The whole "[Insert Sports Team] Nation" fad was dumb at the time, and outdated now
2. @TieDyeNation sounds like a fan account. It's inconsistent with our other sports twitter naming conventions and sounds way too "cute"
3. Do we really want to emphasize the tie dyes? They've always been ugly, but with fan support way down over the last few years we're not even filling the Joel with them anymore.

@TieDyeNation out, @WakeBB in

100% agree.

Obviously not a problem that amounts to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of Wake Forest Basketball... But this is our hill. And these are our beans.

I didn't know @TieDyeNation was an official account.

WakeBB was an interesting poster. That dude loooooooved trannies.

it's tired and a symbol of skip's time

At the game on Friday, my fiancée asked if the Tie Dye was around when I went there and we both agreed it was probably time for a change.

Black and gold is such a good color combo and we have these yellow and back tie dye shirts.

When I was at Wake I was a member of a committee that had a voice in some aspects of stuff like this. In one meeting I said that we should push to do away with the tie-dyes and was surprised when nearly everyone else emphatically pushed back and couldn't even believe that I would suggest it. I asked if any of them have worn/would wear one, and I think one or two people out of 10 or so said yes. I think that, for people that don't have constant exposure to Wake sports, the tie-dyes represent a piece of our reputation and how we're known, and they used to be cool. For those that have seen the lifetime of the tie-dyes and how sad they look now in comparison to the glory days, they seem to agree their time came and went years ago.

That's a good take. I've been a huge proponent of the tie-dyes and I think we need to move on. I wonder if the powers that be are just too lazy to come up with something new.

Seems like this year would have been a good opportunity for a big sports marketing push towards new branding. I worry about the team taking a step back next year without Devin and Codi.

It's possible the AD was confident we would land Giles and use that as an opportunity to refresh the brand. Seeing as we whiffed, I agree this would have been a great year to shake things up.

I was a student during the Prosser years and while everyone I knew disliked wearing Tie Dyes on an individual level, we understood it helped build an identity for our arena and that it created a great atmosphere. Now it's primarily just the band and a smattering of fans rocking them.

I don't have an answer for what would look better for our student section, but I do know that it makes no sense for our official basketball team twitter to be based on those shirts. For the Screamin Demons it makes sense, but not for an ACC basketball program.

While the Tie Dye has a special place in my heart and I'll always wear them to games, I also understand that we need to find something different for the student body at Wake now. Most Wake students are too full of themselves "individualistic" to wear something as part of a group anyways. Whatever it takes to get students in those seats and wearing something wake related (and I'm not talking about a black sweater vest with a tiny WF insignia over a white buttoned down shirt) I'll be for it.

While the Tie Dye has a special place in my heart and I'll always wear them to games, I also understand that we need to find something different for the student body at Wake now. Most Wake students are too full of themselves "individualistic" to wear something as part of a group anyways. Whatever it takes to get students in those seats and wearing something wake related (and I'm not talking about a black sweater vest with a tiny WF insignia over a white buttoned down shirt) I'll be for it.

+100

Too often the student section looks like #pastelnation.

we argyle nation now

The preppy pattern got me thinking. We should just give Black & Gold Gingham button downs to our student section. Very appropriate for our student body, and if you go with a nice trim fit, the bros could transition these from basketball game to frat house basement.

Tie-dyes were always awful and should have been retired five or six years ago. I view suspiciously anyone who wears one.

Back