• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TIERS!!!

I remember the picture. It was a pretty iconic picture. Don’t remember the tree thing. That’s hilarious.

kenpagedollars.jpg

I remember this well.
Who was this guy?
Did he ever play at Clemson?

Kenneth Page. Here are snippets on the photo:
"Kenneth was recently out in California as one of five finalists for the Alfred M. Watkins Memorial Scholarship. Both his father and mother came along and both have relatives that live in California. They got to see one of his uncles right before he passed away a week later. They also got to see his great uncle on his father's side of the family. This uncle is a very, very wealthy man. He owns nine ATMs and realized two were empty and low were very low. So they went to the bank that morning to get money to fill them up with. Kenneth said he had never seen that much money before so he took a picture with it. He wants to reassure everyone that yes, he didn't take a single cent or keep a single cent of it.

Someone copied this picture off of Page's facebook and tried to spin it into something that it wasn't.

Bacon added this - "It is a shame when people want to tear down a kid who is a good Christian kid and a great role-model for other student-athletes, but that is the society we unfortunately live in today."...

Okay then, if his uncle owns these ATM's and made these withdrawals (as they were obviously over $10,000 in cash) then (as I have stated before) a CTR, Currency Transaction Report was filled out by his bank (paper trail). Since I work in the banking industry and have customers that own ATM's as well, tell me, why doesn't he have an armored car service do all that for him (since he is very wealthy and can afford it)? All the one's I have dealt with in the past had a contract with an armored car company because THEY DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE ALL THIS CASH ON THEM TO FILL THEIR ATM'S UP! You mean to tell me, that he goes and puts the money HIMSELF into the ATM machines? RIDICULOUS. If Robin Bacon told that story, well, he is an idiot. I don't believe this story AT ALL.

Since this is his uncle's bank account, he (the uncle) could go to the bank that the transaction was made, and request a copy of the withdrawal receipt (if he doesn't already have that) and he could request a copy of the CTR. CTR's have been around since the Patriot Act was enacted, its supposed to help to catch people that might be laundering money or terrorism (anybody who does a $10,000 withdrawal/deposit with cash will have one filled out on them, some companies are exempt from this as they bring in large deposits each day). If this is legit, he should be able to get these items from the day this withdrawal was made. Myself, I don't believe this story from Mr. Bacon and Kenneth Page one bit.

As a former banker, ATM machines are stocked by approved agencies (such as an armored car agency)or other bonded companies that have enough insurance and know how to do this on a regular basis. I am old enough and have had enough discusions on this board to know and understand that Clemson knows how to cheat. They do it well and do not get caught. This is total crap and anyone who believes this ATM story is an idiot. The original poster, who indicates Tiger Illustrated in his signature, just lost a bunch of credibility. He should go on an attend the annual Goat Show (as opposed to Boat Show), that will soon be held at the Garrison Arena"

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3349641-clemson-oline-recruit-kenneth-page-flaunting-a-wad-of-cash/

Page played two years at Clemson before transferring to Coastal Carolina. Think was kicked off the team at Clemson

another poster who had a moment was exclusiveclothes -- Mike Conley's cousin or something

stuck around for a bit post OCC committing to OSU

I think the poster that purported to be a tree expert was norcaldeac or something like that.

Man, I wish I remember who did it. There was a picture of a Clemson recruit holding a bunch of cash, and the Clemson poster was arguing (perhaps correctly) that the recruiter's dad or uncle was owned ATMs or something...

Anyway, the Wake poster argued convincingly that based on the trees in the photo the recruit was located in city X and could not have been filling ATM in city y.
Thank you for remembering the details of this! That was the most amazing moment in my 20 year history of visiting these boards.

another poster who had a moment was exclusiveclothes -- Mike Conley's cousin or something

stuck around for a bit post OCC committing to OSU

Good dude. A group of us met him in Memphis before the Ole Miss game.

Does anyone know if Chrispy is still around? He used to have a lot of good info and insight.

One of my all-time favorite threads was the guy that was messing with an email scammer, and he created an alias that involved Moricle - can anyone help me out with the details on this one? There was a lot of back and forth, and it was absolutely hilarious.

Chrispy wound up on the wrong side of Wake message board history with turftoega.

I started posting in June of 98 on Kent’s board, I think. Accboards.com came shortly thereafter.

20 years. Damn.

Same timing here as vaguely remember the rancho de nada before the new board came into being. Feeling really old now.

I think Chrispy retired from the boards, which is too bad. I was at WF with him and can vouch for his being a terrific dude and smart as hell.

who did the "our wake your funeral" and "TJDK" shirts?
still have both

Back