• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Duncan breaks top 20 all time scorers list

DeaconOEF/OIFvet

Reaction score
Tim%2BDuncan%2Bbanners.jpg

This weekend Tim Duncan surpassed Allen Iverson for #20 on the NBA's all time points leaders. At 24,391, he is just 609 points shy of breaking 25,000, and 424 points shy of surpassing Patrick Ewing at the #18 spot with 24,815 points.

Timmy also ranks #13 all time in rebounds with 13,619, and #7 in blocks with 2,733.

http://espn.go.com/nba/history/leaders

All hail the greatest power forward to ever play the game!

149159-0-600.jpg

Timmmmaaaaayyyy!!!!!

Hate that Garnett is ahead of him in points and rebounds.

Last edited:
How many players have 25,000 points, 15,000 rebounds, and 3,000 blocks. Without looking it up I would guess Wilt (though i'm not sure when they started recording blocks), Hakeem, and maybe Shaq and Kareem? Duncan could probably get close by the end of next season.

Edit: looks like it is just Kareem.

Last edited:
Somebody on a Spurs msg board said only Kareem has done that. The 3000 blocks might be difficult.

Tim is one of 5 guys in NBA history with 1000 wins. Kareem, Parish, Malone, Stockton

He's #2 on the Double-double list as well with 777. Karl Malone has 811. Maybe next year as well...

We'll see if he's around next year. I keep thinking that this will probably be his retirement year, but I think that he has one year left on his contract.

I don't know what I'll do when he retires. TD and Spurs basketball has been the one thing that has helped get me through the the [Redacted] era of Wake hoops.

We'll see if he's around next year. I keep thinking that this will probably be his retirement year, but I think that he has one year left on his contract.

I don't know what I'll do when he retires. TD and Spurs basketball has been the one thing that has helped get me through the the [Redacted] era of Wake hoops.

I hope not but who knows. I actually think the Spurs getting knocked out early would be the most likely scenario for him coming back. If they win it all I can see him going out on top. If they lose after another long playoff run I'm not sure if Tim is going to want to play a 3rd straight 100 game season.

The most under appreciated sports figure of all time. I'm just glad I got to see him play and that he is a Deacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last years game 6 felt very buzzy to me

this has been discussed before but what the hell was Pop thinking when he had Duncan out of the game. I cannot understand that no matter how much I try. One of the worst end game decisions by a coach in nba finals history.

this has been discussed before but what the hell was Pop thinking when he had Duncan out of the game. I cannot understand that no matter how much I try. One of the worst end game decisions by a coach in nba finals history.

:rulz:

I'm not sure I can relive that game. Ever.

:rulz:

I'm not sure I can relive that game. Ever.

I'm pretty sure its the most upset i've ever been after a basketball game not including Wake. Right behind the WVa game. Utterly heart breaking, gut wrenching.

Back