• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Pro Life Pro Trade "Korrupt" Kaine (yawn)

Fine, 96.

I'm left. This ticket ain't left.

ETA: I live in Cali. My vote for president doesn't mean shit. Lots of important issues and candidates down the ballot though, so I'll probably end up writing someone in. Stein and Johnson make Clinton look decent.

Cali? Oh, then have fun with your vote. Go hog wild.

When exactly did Tim Kaine become a Republican in some people's eyes? He's plenty liberal, and I say this as someone who voted for Bernie in the primaries. He's not full of firebreathing rhetoric, but I'm totally fine leaving that nonsense to the Trump campaign and letting Clinton/Kaine run a grown-up campaign instead.

yeah they're both in line with mainstream democrats

enten-veep-31.png

When exactly did Tim Kaine become a Republican in some people's eyes? He's plenty liberal, and I say this as someone who voted for Bernie in the primaries. He's not full of firebreathing rhetoric, but I'm totally fine leaving that nonsense to the Trump campaign and letting Clinton/Kaine run a grown-up campaign instead.

Yeah. Somewhere along the way, liberal became synonymous with flaming liberal.

I'm fine with Kaine. Not exciting but seems like a good guy. Never heard a bad thing about him. Hard for a politician who has run so many races and kept moving up the ladder.

He's no John Edwards, right BSD?

Yeah. Somewhere along the way, liberal became synonymous with flaming liberal.

I'm fine with Kaine. Not exciting but seems like a good guy. Never heard a bad thing about him. Hard for a politician who has run so many races and kept moving up the ladder.
Its when extreme progressives decided that acting like a left wing tea party was the way to go.

Trump's really safe Pence pick allowed Clinton's really safe Kaine pick.

Ivanka would have been Trump's best VP pick, but two NYers isn't possible. Kasich, Gates, Haley, Portman, Rubio, Martinez, or Daniels would have been better picks than Pence. None of them would have ever run with Trump. Even Christie would have been a better pick than Pence. Christie couldn't deliver NJ, but he'd be a much better attack dog than Pence. Trump's surrogate bench is extremely limited.

Shitty thing is that unlike Trump, HRC did have several decent to good options: Warren, Perez, Franken, Castro, and Villsack. For various reasons, Brown, Gillibrand, and Booker didn't work. Admiral and Gates might have been better governing picks, but would have come with an electoral cost.

Kaine's a boring safe choice, but helps in VA, FL, CO, and NV. No path to 270 for Trump without all of those states.

What does this even mean?

Demanding ideological purity out of candidates.
Attacking those who aren't on the extreme as being DINOs or closet Republicans.

Seems pretty obvious to me and many others.

Tim Kaine (yawn)

Demanding ideological purity out of candidates.
Attacking those who aren't on the extreme as being DINOs or closet Republicans.

Seems pretty obvious to me and many others.

Yep. Attacking the 2016 Dem ticket as the "2004 Republican ticket" is straight out of the Tea Party playbook.

What's hilarious is one of the first things you see about Kaine is his shift on TPP in line with Hillary's shift on TPP. That's clearly a sign the left is having an impact whether there is a "true liberal" on the ticket or not.

Tim Kaine (yawn)

Yep. Attacking the 2016 Dem ticket as the "2004 Republican ticket" is straight out of the Tea Party playbook.

What's hilarious is one of the first things you see about Kaine is his shift on TPP in line with Hillary's shift on TPP. That's clearly a sign the left is having an impact whether there is a "true liberal" on the ticket or not.

I clarified. This reminds me of a 1996 ticket. Back on the east coast and jet lagged as hell.

I'm sorry, y'all. I'm progressive and I vote for progressives. Clinton/Kaine ain't progressive. Economic moderate, foreign policy hawks, and with social views that we expect reasonable humans to have in 2016.

Do whatever your conscience tells you to do, though. Quit obsessing over people that disagree with you on a message board.

ETA: Kaine's position on abortion is admirable, IMO. Believe what you want to believe, but support the right to choose.

Last edited:
Scary and sad that Dole/Kemp was the best GOP presidential ticket in six election cycle.

No, I didn't. But enjoy voting for a ticket that would've been centrist Republican a decade ago.

You can't be serious. This isn't a far left ticket, but this is more ludicrous than your gibberish that Hillary is a neo-con. Even after being shown sources that defeat that, you refuse to admit you are wrong.

This ticket was squarely for equal pay for equal work. The GOP opposed it.

This ticket is for upping the minimum wage. In 2004, the GOP opposed the minimum wage entirely saying it kills jobs.

This ticket is for more access to helathcare. The GOP opposed it.

This ticket is for reversing Citizens United. The GOP loves it.

This ticket is for the Voters Right Act. The GOP wanted to end it.

This ticket is for addressing student debt. Back then the GOP wanted banks to profit off of student debt.

There are many, many more. But these are major issues that definitively how the BS in you nonsensical position. They may not go as far as you'd like them to do, but it is emotion and ignorance to make the statement you did. It's preposterous.

Last edited:
Yeah I voted for Bernie and agree with a lot of his policies (not necessarily with him on his trade views) but there are definitely a solid contingency of Bernie supporters who are playing the same type of politics the Tea Party did.

Back