• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Pro Life Pro Trade "Korrupt" Kaine (yawn)

If he's comfortable with being PHlite, that's his choice.

For a long time, I thought strickland (not strick-that's a different person) had potential and decent insights. But as he has done here (and has been called out on it by several people), he shows I was wrong.

His misplaced arrogance makes it impossible for him to address me in a civil way. That's sad.

It may not just be his misplaced arrogance. there could be a slew of other reasons.

I know. You refuse to admit to me that you were wrong and the points I made were correct. You have become totally condescending and relish it. Which is too bad. At one point we got along well.

This thread and the Hillary is a neo-con are perfect examples. In each I gave logical and sourced materials and you ignored them.

You can "back off" with others. But you can't do the same with me. Just like PH.

You've changed. it's sad and doesn't have to be that way.

jr on steroids? That seems a bit oxymoronic.
RJ, I think he admitted he made a mistake more than once on his first statement. He just isn't engaging you.

Last edited:
JR would never be on steroids. But getting all those people to wear their hats backwards is the only negative for him.. :)

I know. You refuse to admit to me that you were wrong and the points I made were correct. You have become totally condescending and relish it. Which is too bad. At one point we got along well.

This thread and the Hillary is a neo-con are perfect examples. In each I gave logical and sourced materials and you ignored them.

You can "back off" with others. But you can't do the same with me. Just like PH.

You've changed. it's sad and doesn't have to be that way.

Nothing less than a full deeply felt apology will be accepted. Strick engaged in hyperbole and that is stepping into RJ territory. You need to make a full and complete apology. RJ owns all hyperbole on the tunnels and any attempt to take over his turf will be met with TOTAL WAR. Do not even think of pushing RJ further on this. Apologize already.

She picked the wrong Virginia Senator. Kaine owes his career to Mark Warner, who has a track record of extreme competence as a Governor and a bi-partisan debt fighter in the Senate. I guess she'd rather have more "gift" scandals than "dick" innuendo. Yes, Warner barely survived 2014, but the electorate was shifted right and he didn't recognize his opponent's strengths until late in the game. Still, he rallied enough votes in red areas to stay.

More importantly, he has a 9 percent higher approval rating than Kaine from Virginia voters,

Bill loves Kaine and wanted him to be VP in 2008 if HRC had won the primary. Kaine will do little or no harm, just like Pence - as long as the L party doesn't get to 15 (which I don't think they will). Weld kills both of them in a debate.

Last edited:
She picked the wrong Virginia Senator. Kaine owes his career to Mark Warner, who has a track record of extreme competence as a Governor and a bi-partisan debt fighter in the Senate. I guess she'd rather have more "gift" scandals than "dick" innuendo. Yes, Warner barely survived 2014, but the electorate was shifted right and he didn't recognize his opponent's strengths until late in the game. Still, he rallied enough votes in red areas to stay.

More importantly, he has a 9 percent higher approval rating than Kaine from Virginia voters,

Bill loves Kaine and wanted him to be VP in 2008 if HRC had won the primary. Kaine will do little or no harm, just like Pence - as long as the L party doesn't get to 15 (which I don't think they will). Weld kills both of them in a debate.

15 of what? and who is Weld?

I doubt Weld crushes either. All three are professional politicians and will perform well. The only chance of a bear down is a self-inflected unforced error. Otherwise, there will just be some decent gotcha and zinger moments for all.

Which one of the other two was asked to prep an actual Presidential debate? Bill Weld was in 2004. He is an elite debater, not just a politician. It is one of the reasons why some have expressed regret that it wasn't Weld/Johnson.

Which one of the other two was asked to prep an actual Presidential debate? Bill Weld was in 2004. He is an elite debater, not just a politician. It is one of the reasons why some have expressed regret that it wasn't Weld/Johnson.

I'm sure he's great. But I also seriously doubt he'd kick anyone's ass. Everyone will be ready to go.

If Weld is so good, then why is clown shoes Johnson the candidate?

This just reads like somebody trying to hype up Wake basketball.

Warner is too pro-gun to ever have had a shot at getting onto Hillary's ticket.

No, Hillary picked the correct VA senator. Tim and Annie are good people, and she's the daughter of former Pub Gov Linwood Holton (at a time when Pubs were more progressive than the Dems in VA - so that hopefully the Bobs won't get out of shape). And she used to be a J&DR judge. She's used to being in the limelight and doesn't shrink from it. Warner's wife wants no part of that, and while I like Warner too, that's why you won't see him on a national ticket. My fear about Kaine being the veep is that we wouldn't hold the seat in 2018, especially if McAuliffe appoints himself. Aside from that, I think Kaine is a fine pick and frankly is probably a bit more popular than Warner. This shite about him being conservative is just that. Most of that rumored conservative background comes from him being a good Catholic boy and being anti-abortion personally. He's also anti-death penalty for the same reason. But in both instances, he hasn't let his personal views influence his legal duties, and he hasn't tried to put undue restrictions on abortions or influence prosecutors' decisions as to the death penalty. He's out of the Jesuit social justice part of the Catholic church, and I think he did some missionary stuff when he was younger. He's a mainstream Dem, definitely left of Bentson, Lieberman and Edwards the Senator (though certainly not Edwards the presidential candidate). As a pol, he's an alright but not great stump speaker, and he's an upbeat, positive type who tries to get along with both sides of the aisle. So like Pence, not really an ideal attack dog. I think this is much more of a January pick than a November pick, which at least probably means Hillary is self aware enough to realize governing ain't gonna be easy.

I was pleased to read that McAuliffe has already said he won't be appointing himself to Kaine's seat. Probably Bobby Scott, Don Beyer (a rich NoVa car dealer and state senator) or maybe even Kaine's wife. On the Pub side, Gillespie says he's running for Gov, which is good news, because he'd probably be a tough out. So if he doesn't run, the Pub bench might be a tad thin. Maybe Kookinelli, who is eminently defeatable, or Bolling, who would be a good ghoice and would probably win.

Back