• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time editor-in-chief: Obama was a dick yesterday

Billy Mitchell

The King of Kong
Reaction score
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/58098.html

-----
Mark Halperin, editor-at-large for Time, called President Obama “a dick” on Thursday on a popular MSNBC morning show and then quickly apologized.

“I thought he was a dick yesterday,” Halperin, who also is a senior political analyst for MSNBC, said on Morning Joe, referring to the President’s conduct during his press conference.

Host Joe Scarborough hoped to prevent the comment from being broadcast, saying, “Delay that. Delay that. What are you doing? I can’t believe… don’t do that. Did we delay that?”

Just minutes later, Halperin quickly apologized to the president and viewers for his choice of words. “Joking aside, this is an absolute apology. I shouldn’t have said it. I apologize to the president and the viewers who heard me say that,” Halperin said.

“We’re going to have a meeting after the show,” Scarborough said.
-----

He was and he should have been. The GOP's public position has been absurd, confrontational, unproductive and insane.

It's the worst thing in the world to cut out a loophole about private jets but it's 100% OK to cut hundreds of thousands of kids from getting food and healthcare.

Maybe all they understand is someone being a dick. They certainly aren't willing to act like adults.

Scarborough isn't really one to talk.

I wonder if Faux News is going to call Mark Halperin a racist.

Was watching it live.

I was more shocked that he said a negative thing about Obama than him using the word "dick". That guy carries the water for the Obama Administration.

Maybe that explains why the podcast was only 22 minutes today. It's usually 35-40.

Skins, about what time was it in the show? I'll check it on the DVR when I get home.

Last edited:
Joe egged him on by saying that they(the show) would use the 7sec delay if he said anything bad, but the producer fucked up. Hilarious!

Maybe that explains why the podcast was only 22 minutes today. It's usually 35-40.

Skins, about what time was it in the show? I'll check it on the DVR when I get home.

I am not exactly sure when but it was the first hour.

I could stand more of that kind of "dickishness" from Obama. First time in a while that I thought he had a set.

It's the worst thing in the world to cut out a loophole about private jets but it's 100% OK to cut hundreds of thousands of kids from getting food and healthcare.

RJ, Obama didn't have any problem with that tax break when he was passing his stimulus package in 2009.

republicans are the party of fear mongering. and don't all of you dickheads forget it!!!

Two points about Dick Obama's proposal...

1. The jet tax loophole was put in place in 2009 as part of the "stimulus"

2. It amounts to $300 million per year. That should just about fix our fiscal woes.

That's about the same amount they want to take away from WIC and is a lot more than the NEA.

2. It amounts to $300 million per year. That should just about fix our fiscal woes.

Oops.

Hillarity aside, I agree with the President. This is a dumb loophole that needs to be closed. Then we can move on to the other 80,000 loopholes.

Hillarity aside, I agree with the President. This is a dumb loophole that needs to be closed. Then we can move on to the other 80,000 loopholes.

Agree...and it's HIS loophole

This is the real problem. He's being dishonest, and can be called out on it at any time.

His actual "speech" to the media was him trying to be very Clinton-esque, triangulate, not call people out by name or party.

But then in the Q and A he was himself. Partisan, bombastic, long-winded, generally not very interesting.

He should have given some indication of how much difference these things would make. Ben Stein was on O'Reilly and the substitute was more or less arguing and interrupting when he tried to make the point that 900B is not a rounding error and would make a difference in cutting the deficit/debt.

I'm for closing all loopholes and making taxes something you can figure on an index card, myself.

Last edited:
Back