• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time editor-in-chief: Obama was a dick yesterday

Was watching it live.

I was more shocked that he said a negative thing about Obama than him using the word "dick". That guy carries the water for the Obama Administration.

In fairness, I wouldn't say Halperin carries Obama's water.

He wrote a piece for Time last October--for which he was hammered on the left--that was extremely harsh on Obama and the administration, and included this broadside:

With the exception of core Obama Administration loyalists, most politically engaged elites have reached the same conclusions: the White House is in over its head, isolated, insular, arrogant and clueless about how to get along with or persuade members of Congress, the media, the business community or working-class voters.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,2024718,00.html

He's not only a dick, he's a lying dick.

Agree...and it's HIS loophole

Not sure it's completely his. I think the loophole started after 9/11. However, it was continued under his watch and his stimulus, and his shameless attempt to do the rich-poor-choose-one-or-the-other is what makes him a dick in this case.

The Daily Show bit on Halperin's gaffe was hilarious. It may not be as funny if you're not a Morning Joe viewer but man, it was great.

"generally not very interesting"

well said

Back