• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time for three banners to go up or more

Skip was actually coaching here when he died, dumbass.

Skip's death was a tragedy. Nobody is denying that. However, so was Murray Greason's death by auto accident at age 58, two days after WF's great Dixie Classic Championship win over Carolina (thanks again, Billy Packer!); so was "The Voice of Demon Deacon Basketball" Gene Overby's death from cancer at age 51; so was Bob Bartholomew's death....an All-American football player at Wake and the person first responsible for the initial growth of the Deacon Club....by auto accident at age 51; so was All-ACC player Frank Christie's death at age 50; All-ACC player Jerry Montgomery's death at 53, and Larry Harrison's premature death at age 45. Should all of these people have banners in the Joel, too?

And as far as coaches only go, Skip's tragic death has somehow levitated his actual accomplishments as a coach. Murray Greason took Wake to a Final Eight. Bones McKinney took the Deacons to its only Final Four, as well as another Elite Eight. Carl Tacy took over the program at rock bottom from Jack McCloskey and took the Deacs to two Elite Eights....despite having to play his home games in either a dump or another county. Dave Odom inherited a total disaster from Bob Staak & took the Deacons to an Elite Eight. In his six years at Wake, Skip Prosser never won a game in the Sweet Sixteen....and only played in one of them. And the program was in the process of declining, rather than improving, at the time of his tragic death. His last two teams finished last & next-to-last in the ACC. And the players that he & Dino recruited shortly before his untimely death only won one post-season game in the next three years....and that one was only made possible by an epic last-minute collapse by its opponent. In short, Wake Forest has not won a Sweet Sixteen game since Dave Odom left.

Look, I think that Skip Prosser was a wonderful human being, but people are letting their emotions influence their sound reasoning. The problem is that many posters on this board seem to think that Wake Forest basketball began at the turn of the 21st century....and Bones' post was right on the money.

BKF, ladies and gentlemen!

I actually noticed the other day on another thread that one of bkf's posts had disappeared as well.

BKF knows that the search function is his downfall. Facts too easily get in the way of his outlandish claims.

Slight hole in my theory...just deleted a post I was negrepped on as a test, but the negrep stayed. Looks like bkf found another way to reset his account. Between the mods sharing who is leaving rep behind the scenes with certain posters and this, it seems there are also some posts missing from the "Your one stop shop for all moderator actions and explanations" Moderator Disclosure forum. :couch:

I really don't see anything wrong with what bnf fan posted other than his usual rant about the character of players recruited by Prosser and Gaudio. I think most people would agree that Skip was facing serious questions about his coaching at the time of his passing.

I really don't see anything wrong with what bnf fan posted other than his usual rant about the character of players recruited by Prosser and Gaudio. I think most people would agree that Skip was facing serious questions about his coaching at the time of his passing.

Agreed. I'm not really sure why he pulled that post.

Haven't reset anything to do with negrep in my account....not that it matters. It's now at +76, down from +83 from an anonymous negrep this morning.....but who gives a flip about that stuff anyway?

So what's the reasoning behind deleting all of your posts? How long will you leave this one up?

Slight hole in my theory...just deleted a post I was negrepped on as a test, but the negrep stayed. Looks like bkf found another way to reset his account. Between the mods sharing who is leaving rep behind the scenes with certain posters and this, it seems there are also some posts missing from the "Your one stop shop for all moderator actions and explanations" Moderator Disclosure forum. :couch:

What are you talking about? BKF deleting his posts has nothing to do with the moderators. OSD did the same thing when he decided to leave the boards, he went through and deleted his posts one by one.

What are you talking about? BKF deleting his posts has nothing to do with the moderators. OSD did the same thing when he decided to leave the boards, he went through and deleted his posts one by one.

Maybe it's a my bad and BKF also managed to get tons of posrep to bring him out of the negrep hole while at the same time only leaving his posts up for 2-3 minutes at a time, but I assumed there was some mod intervention to reset his rep since it went positive at the same time that he deleted all of his old posts. If not, my bad.

Maybe it's a my bad and BKF also managed to get tons of posrep to bring him out of the negrep hole while at the same time only leaving his posts up for 2-3 minutes at a time, but I assumed there was some mod intervention to reset his rep since it went positive at the same time that he deleted all of his old posts. If not, my bad.

Nah, we haven't touched his rep. We haven't manually intervened since the day we started the site for testing.

Back