• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time Travelin' Nic Cage Mafia: CIVS WIN

game was fun, thanks guys! I totally would have killed me based on knight's investigations, but since I knew I wasn't bad, I couldn't very well support tejas's logic.

game was fun, thanks guys! I totally would have killed me based on knight's investigations, but since I knew I wasn't bad, I couldn't very well support tejas's logic.

Sorry I got badguy on you. I figured the 25% would fuck me at least once. I am not a lucky man.

Also, I was intentionally trying to throw shade on your gender to see who would pick up on it. Helped me not investigate Loki.

I will ensure TIC is punished for this.

This round is def nonny vs chic

it is known.

Every fucking game, you're on point. I'm just gonna do what I did last time and just civ lock you for it. Hopefully this time, no one SCREWS you out of a deserved win, amirite?

I think I want to run JTP late. You down to be my caboose on this train?

Do not like that late switch to Tejas tryna to earn cred from me. I think Tejas just fucked up what he was saying.

***JTP*** LETS GOOOOOO

Haven't read anything

***jtp***

^^^^^WTF DA.

You already civ locked jtp

What are you doing

I'm not Gouda/Nonny. I don't CIV LOCK people on day 1 after like 3 posts, unless they are a noob or HOFmoron. JTP is neither of those things.

Fact is I civ locked him last game and he was dirty. KILL JTP RIGHT NAO

can you tell I'm salty.

nicolascage.gif

Sure. It was basically a character cop + bpv. Designed to not be able to distinguish between civ/indy for the most part.

But wouldn't he know who was mafia, since we didn't have Nic Cage movies as our roles?

gg though. I can't give enough rep I have to spread and I dont like anyone else.

I played a pretty good round before Smidge messed it up. Love you too.

Here's another good guy point for Gouda. When RSF did a Chatzy ask for the person whose life Smidge ruined and it came up me, Gouda volunteered to die in my place. Pretty stand up of the guy.

And I offed AssTurtles. It was my decision and my kill.

After that, he posted and I felt really bad. I hope your brother is ok.

Lol. Give us the real deets

This is how I've always handled bus drivers tampering with investigations. Let's look at an example:

A: Bus driver
B: Cop
C: Inv target
D: Other player

Player A busses player C and player D. What that literally means is that player C and D have switched places (this occurs during the "general visit" portion of my order of operations in the OP). So when player B goes to investigate player C, he's actually investigating player D. So far, everything I've said is standard, and (I think?) how gouda agrees bus driving would work.

Here's where we split:

I would usually then send player B a message (as my template has always been along the lines of "your investigation into ________ returns ____"). In this case, I would send player B a message that says "your investigation into player D returns (player D's alignment)." Gouda is saying that I should be sending player B a message that says "your investigation into player C returns (player D's alignment)." He then brought Rommy into the mafia chat, for some reason, to act as backup, which pissed me off.

I think this is Gouda's understanding of the role would be bastard modding. He says that it's "always" worked that way here, and changing from that status quo is bastard modding. My counterpoint is that: that's a super rare role to begin with, and then only times I've seen it included in games on this board are when I include it, and this is always how I've treated them.

Furthermore, before I included this role in my first game with it, I actually did some research on how to handle this exact situation. I did end up walking back my initial claim to gouda/rommy that this resulted in a "consensus", but here's the thread from mafiascum that I used for reference. Generally, the posters that seemed, well, the smartest seemed to be the ones who were saying that mods directly lying to players would be interference. I found post #30 there to be the most compelling one.

The watcher sees only the bus driver. I would give the watcher the result:

You saw B target X

If the watcher instead was a cop I would say

You have investigated X and found them to be ________ (whatever x would normally read as)

I would not explain to the watcher or cop why he got a result for X instead of for Y

lol @ gouda

You should probably catch up.

Lol

This is almost as good as when knight was wondering how the hell he got a chic investigation (after I was dead so they knew there was a "bus driver") and you said in chatzy "see, knight doesn't even suspect!"

As if that was evidence for anything other than you doing it wrong

This is how I've always handled bus drivers tampering with investigations. Let's look at an example:

A: Bus driver
B: Cop
C: Inv target
D: Other player

Player A busses player C and player D. What that literally means is that player C and D have switched places (this occurs during the "general visit" portion of my order of operations in the OP). So when player B goes to investigate player C, he's actually investigating player D. So far, everything I've said is standard, and (I think?) how gouda agrees bus driving would work.

Here's where we split:

I would usually then send player B a message (as my template has always been along the lines of "your investigation into ________ returns ____"). In this case, I would send player B a message that says "your investigation into player D returns (player D's alignment)." Gouda is saying that I should be sending player B a message that says "your investigation into player C returns (player D's alignment)." He then brought Rommy into the mafia chat, for some reason, to act as backup, which pissed me off.

I think this is Gouda's understanding of the role would be bastard modding. He says that it's "always" worked that way here, and changing from that status quo is bastard modding. My counterpoint is that: that's a super rare role to begin with, and then only times I've seen it included in games on this board are when I include it, and this is always how I've treated them.

Furthermore, before I included this role in my first game with it, I actually did some research on how to handle this exact situation. I did end up walking back my initial claim to gouda/rommy that this resulted in a "consensus", but here's the thread from mafiascum that I used for reference. Generally, the posters that seemed, well, the smartest seemed to be the ones who were saying that mods directly lying to players would be interference. I found post #30 there to be the most compelling one.

I agree with Gouda. The result should say "your target was mafia/not mafia." Telling them otherwise discloses a game mechanic they wouldn't otherwise know.

One was a messenger and one was a silencer. Those are not real powers.

And we had smidge which legit is worth a negative person as we saw this game.

I changed the messenger to be a combo RB/bus driver on D1. I don't think y'all can complain about lack of powers.

You had an odd-night ninja, even-night watcher, odd-night tracker, even-night vig, odd-night bus driver, even-night roleblocker, an unlimited framer, and an unlimited silencer. And you had fucking incredible safe claims (Con-Air, National Treasure, Gone in 60 Seconds). Are you really complaining about lack of powers?

I changed the messenger to be a combo RB/bus driver on D1. I don't think y'all can complain about lack of powers.

You had an odd-night ninja, even-night watcher, odd-night tracker, even-night vig, odd-night bus driver, even-night roleblocker, an unlimited framer, and an unlimited silencer. And you had fucking incredible safe claims (Con-Air, National Treasure, Gone in 60 Seconds). Are you really complaining about lack of powers?

Stop calling it a bus driver

Back