• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time Travelin' Nic Cage Mafia: CIVS WIN

wait did I disobey an order, or are you saying smidge went against your order? I think I used bym's PM that night

No you didn't disobey, nonny said "this is my suggestion but do whatever Ill be back later" and we ignored him

i mean, just don't use bus drivers then. It's a shitty, somewhat broken role. If you want to use it the way you have it in your head, call it something else.

So you're still saying that I should have sent Knight the message "Nonny is (chic's alignment)"?

You should never have a name in your response. But if you insist on saying the name it should have said "Nonny is X," x being whatever you got when you did the rng thing on chic. Chic's name should not be mentioned.

So maybe cops should be immune to GF powers too?

I think GFs/millers are different though, because there's no mod interpretation there, and the way the PMs are actually worded (again, I would favor something like "Your investigation into Y returns X") wouldn't interfere with that. But you should at least have confidence that you investigated Y?

Personally, I wouldn't want to play in a game where I was a cop, and I couldn't trust the mod responses to my investigation. That seems bastard-y to me. I don't see why I should ever say what gouda's original argument was (which he conveniently changed once toogs "agreed" with him), which was "Nonny is [Chic's inv alignment]".
But it's just one specific incident where mafia has to do something in accordance.

Similar to finding the gf and getting back a not-mafia result.

can we get back to talking about permabanning smidge?

Silencer is also the worst role ever and should be banned, like smidge.

I now see the confusion and agree with Gouda, northern and toogs.

I agree as well. The whole point of the role is not just to misdirect powers, but to cause confusion due to the results. While knight was confused as to why he received an investigation on Chic, he had the opportunity to investigate Nonny again the next round. If he only received the result, he would have moved on instead. While I have not used a bus driver in my games, this is how I have always understood the role. Mods always have the right to change roles as they see fit, so long as that role is explained thoroughly. Also, I'm very against changing roles after a game has started, regardless of outcomes. You have to trust that you have balanced it well ahead of time and then just run with whatever happens.

Regardless, I think that this was a very fun idea for a game. Thanks for running it. And boo to td for killing me night 1.

wait did I disobey an order, or are you saying smidge went against your order? I think I used bym's PM that night

There was some hullabaloo about a silence, but I don't remember the specifics.

Nonny wrote some grand set of instructions for us that we promptly ignored. Partially because it was Nonny, but realistically because it had already scrolled off-screen on my phone.

We should've split our ninja/vig/track/watch powers though. Not doing so left us less to do in the following nights.

Gouda noted it but you were fine.

Other than this bus driver thing, only thing you actually screwed up was forgetting to silence Knight which led to him revealing his investigations and getting me killed.

i mean, just don't use bus drivers then. It's a shitty, somewhat broken role. If you want to use it the way you have it in your head, call it something else.

okay, if you'd like to set aside the name that I used for the role, then, the role still did exactly what I said it would do in the description.

it switches the objects of any actions; knight investigated chic, so I told him about an investigation into chic

I think GFs/millers are different though, because there's no mod interpretation there, and the way the PMs are actually worded (again, I would favor something like "Your investigation into Y returns X") wouldn't interfere with that. But you should at least have confidence that you investigated Y?

That is the point of a bus driver

i'll take timdunk/townie/tejas, you can have your suquedonks

just stop talking about changing a status quo that didn't exist

i'll take timdunk/townie/tejas, you can have your suquedonks

just stop talking about changing a status quo that didn't exist

Hey all agreed that you are wrong

But they like your newly invented role

Lol

Back