• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Timing of DC pledge

Will be making my substantial donation as usual.

when i tried to strong arm my deacon club person about bzzz i just got the usual AD plant talking points.

End of the basketball season before the tournament sounds like a good time to get donations at Wake Forest.

Got that note in the mail today and didn't really understand it. The DC's 2012-13 fiscal year runs from July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013, correct? So what supposedly happens after March 15 if I call to let them know I'd like to make a donation? Surely they'll take my money. Am I just not able to make a "pledge" to send them a check before June 30?

Got that note in the mail today and didn't really understand it. The DC's 2012-13 fiscal year runs from July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013, correct? So what supposedly happens after March 15 if I call to let them know I'd like to make a donation? Surely they'll take my money. Am I just not able to make a "pledge" to send them a check before June 30?

Pretty sure that's correct. If you wait, you just have to pay rather than pledging to pay later.

Pretty sure that's correct. If you wait, you just have to pay rather than pledging to pay later.

Yep. Pretty much what I do every year. I am also waiting to see what happens with Bzz before I commit to given them my "Golden C" drop in the bucket, er... donation.

Won't our priority drop substantially for football season tickets if we give nothing? I'd rather just really downgrade my membership rather than cancel all together.

How many territory reps do they have? I'm not top 3000 but I still never hear a peep from my guy.

when i tried to strong arm my deacon club person about bzzz i just got the usual AD plant talking points.

I guarantee that person on the phone has 0.0 influence on [Redacted]'s job security, but absolutely has to fake positivity to remain employed themselves. This is why phone calls and letters don't work, because the actual people in charge surround themselves with low level administrators and assistants (human shields) who are forced to bear the brunt of the fanbase's anger for around 35k a year. That's why these newpaper ads are genius, because Wellman and Bzz can't ignore them or shut them down.

Pisc closed me and bishop over dinner at Paolo's in DC. Only ONE cocktail a piece on the DC.

he let me and my boys play ball in the miller center last yr and had chill stop by to say what's up which was pretty tight.

Mine took me out for lunch personally and put Childress on the phone.

My understanding is that it's DC member volunteers that man the phones. Obviously no influence but prolly just a bunch of people who love wake and just try to help and keep opinions to self.

Back