• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today's Edition of "I Feel Old"

PhilliesDeacs

Reaction score
Jurassic Park came out in theaters 20 years ago today.

295514_10151657526652074_220170212_n.jpg

holy crap.

holy crap.

...i'm still routinely shocked when I realize that I have distinct memories from things that happened 20 years ago. Mom laughs when I say this and says "wait until those same memories are 50 years old and get back to me."

The Sandlot was released 20 years ago in April - that's another one that got me. Just thinking that 1993 was 20 years ago seems crazy to me. Nothing in the 90s should be 20 years ago.

The Sandlot was released 20 years ago in April - that's another one that got me. Just thinking that 1993 was 20 years ago seems crazy to me. Nothing in the 90s should be 20 years ago.

yeah.... kids born in 1990 have graduated college already.

That movie is so awesome, and it's been on a lot lately.

What I find funny about the movie, is that they could have solved most problems by hitting 'control, alt, delete'....

I start too many stories for my students with "when I was a kid". I don't feel older at 27 than I did at 19, but it is strange to realize many things I remember like they were yesterday were actually 15-20 years ago.

I realized that I was officially old when I was talking with a Soldier in Iraq who was born after I graduated from Airborne School.

I start too many stories for my students with "when I was a kid". I don't feel older at 27 than I did at 19, but it is strange to realize many things I remember like they were yesterday were actually 15-20 years ago.

yeah, this is what gets me.

i will say, too, though- a lot has changed since we were in high school; if nothing else, just the prevalence of the internet/cell phones. not everyone had a cell phone even when we got to college; now people practically come out of the womb with them. The world pre-smartphone was a a different beast.

yeah, this is what gets me.

i will say, too, though- a lot has changed since we were in high school; if nothing else, just the prevalence of the internet/cell phones. not everyone had a cell phone even when we got to college; now people practically come out of the womb with them. The world pre-smartphone was a a different beast.

How about the world pre-mobile phone at all?

Or pre-email?

Or Pre-web for that matter?

Or pre-email?

Or Pre-web for that matter?

well yeah, this too.. but that may be too hard for kids these days to grasp.

good lord. other memories of that summer: summer school at wake, living in Sugar Creek on Brownsboro rd; the "jurassic meal" at mcdonalds - a triple cheeseburger with large fries and a large soda; magic johnson commentating the phoenix-chicago NBA finals and at some point saying "oh, kj.....i'm sorry" in classic magic voice that still makes me laugh today.

I still watch a lot of Seinfeld re-runs (sorry Milhouse), and it's amazing how the plot of just about every episode falls apart if cellphones were widespread. I guess that's true of lots of shows, but the ridiculous coincidences from that show really makes it stand out.

Anytime I see pictures from mid-90s Wake it amazes me how old and outdated the dress and style is.

Back