• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tom Walter Credibility Watch

I mean it sucks that huge swaths of our bullpen are injured and one of our studs starters is injured in another one is struggling, which is really puts pressure on the remaining members of the staff

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it's the coach's fault when you throw every dam pitcher you have to try and stop the other team. If there is any blame maybe it's the fact they are on the roster to begin with. By the way, haven't heard much about our vaunted pitching lab lately.

I'm not sure it's the coach's fault when you throw every dam pitcher you have to try and stop the other team. If there is any blame maybe it's the fact they are on the roster to begin with. By the way, haven't heard much about our vaunted pitching lab lately.
In college sports, if you don’t have capable players that always falls on the coach. They recruit the entire team. It’s not the pros.

The decision to pitch Nelson there, who is a great player but has very little experience, was odd to me.

he just had a good outing against coastal and other strong outings in the past.

i would say he had some bad luck too, the first hbp was a pretty weak graze in a pitchers count followed by a grounder that looked like it would be a 6-3 DP if it didn’t hit him in the leg.

but yeah, overall would guess we focus nelson more on being a position player - esp when we get more healthy in the pen. kind of annoying to deal with that if he’s not playing DH, and that doesn’t make sense for us since we want him in the OF, not reinisch or winnay.

Is last year the only time in Walter’s tenure that we have finished equal to or above preseason expectations?

Losing to the eventual champs in three games in the regionals in 2017 was a good year. Otherwise the results haven't matched the talent

Losing to the eventual champs in three games in the regionals in 2017 was a good year. Otherwise the results haven't matched the talent
So 2029 is next good year? Not sure I can hang on that long.

Well…this has been my concern with Walter for years. His teams underperform their talent…which is also the word in the recruiting trail. Last year was the exception

But it evens out. Losing a few games isn’t a problem. Losing a few series is a problem.
That's just it! It evens out. A game is a coin flip. A series is too, with a very slight edge to the hard-hitters. A 5-game postseason series should not exist in the majors. And the NCAA conference tournaments are a joke.

Back