• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tom Walter Credibility Watch

That's just it! It evens out. A game is a coin flip. A series is too, with a very slight edge to the hard-hitters. A 5-game postseason series should not exist in the majors. And the NCAA conference tournaments are a joke.
You’re correct but losing as much as we have isn’t just an unlucky coin flip.

Yep and while there is always variance, the coach’s job is to take that variance into account and still create scenarios where the odds are better than the coin flip

No, this is the sign of a coach that frankly doesn’t have a clue. #WalterOut!!!
But the sign of a coach who pulled all the right levers tonight including a couple of key bunt situations I might add, to beat #8 FSU in an absolutely thrilling college baseball game.

But the sign of a coach who pulled all the right levers tonight including a couple of key bunt situations I might add, to beat #8 FSU in an absolutely thrilling college baseball game.
FSU is massively overrated anyways, and we can't possibly credit Walter for anything good at all!! Sad!!

FSU is massively overrated anyways, and we can't possibly credit Walter for anything good at all!! Sad!!
I got it. So one of only 5 teams that started the week with 30 wins or more is overrated at #8, huh. Wow.

What I got out of watching these two ball clubs battle this weekend were two teams that did not give up or quit. Tells me their coaches are doing something right because many mediocre clubs quit when a few things go wrong. Noles & Deacs scratched and clawed for 27 innings.

I got it. So one of only 5 teams that started the week with 30 wins or more is overrated at #8, huh. Wow.
So true!! Just winning the series by one run unfortunately does in fact knock you down in credibility points

What I got out of watching these two ball clubs battle this weekend were two teams that did not give up or quit. Tells me their coaches are doing something right because many mediocre clubs quit when a few things go wrong. Noles & Deacs scratched and clawed for 27 innings.
hey dickhead, what's your excuse for getting shut out by elon? you'd make excuses for losing to mt tabor

Back