• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tom Walter Credibility Watch

For the first time in years I didn't go to the spring game.

Hope Clawson proves us wrong.
We have a ton of talent coming in via the portal, right? Right….? No way we’d just be filling holes with D3 type guys and walk-ons, right??

Question on the coaching decision for the State series:

Why change the pitching rotation?

Going with Burns in game 1 would have given Wake the best chance to win the opening game and set the momentum for the series. Also, it would have given our two best pitchers additional days of rest prior to the upcoming ACC Tournament.

Going with Burns in game 1 would have given Wake the best chance to win the opening game and set the momentum for the series. Also, it would have given our two best pitchers additional days of rest prior to the upcoming ACC Tournament.
This is using logic. You need to throw that out the window when talking about Walter.

I’m pretty sure that Burns wanted to stay on his normal schedule. Wake has a reputation for protecting arms and this goes along with that.

Burns had been pitching on Fridays, didn't want to mess up that routine

Walter’s pitching plan for the ACC tournament needs to be:

Wednesday Burns goes 9 innings
Friday Burns goes 9
Saturday Burns goes 6, Roland goes 3
Sunday Burns goes 8, Roland goes 1

Anything else just proves that Walter doesn’t care !

I will take the over 4 win bet for the '24 football team.

What's the wager, former CFO?

All proceeds to the Deacon Club or RTQ.

I will take the over 4 win bet for the '24 football team.

What's the wager, former CFO?

All proceeds to the Deacon Club or RTQ.

I just stated they would win between 4-6 games. Why in the hell would I bet on a line of 4+/-?

And, by the way, I'm not sure why you are fixated on my former job title. There are people on here with FAR MORE impressive credentials. Strange to be honest.

I just stated they would win between 4-6 games. Why in the hell would I bet on a line of 4+/-?

And, by the way, I'm not sure why you are fixated on my former job title. There are people on here with FAR MORE impressive credentials. Strange to be honest.
like lifelong military service.

Being that our Vegas odds are at 4.5 o/u… and we lost a decent amount of talent from a bad team I’ll be happy if we can somehow get to 6.

Back