• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tony Woods to Texas

He went to the Tourney 2 years with us too. Prolly end up going all 4 years.

"The 6-10 Wake Forest transfer was committed to the Cards for nearly a year after he left Raleigh last spring."

NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+Round+New+C6Tf8sHdOFpl.jpg

Tony was the king of the tip dunk this game.

Last edited:
When you lose by about thirty, you can't be the king of anything.

You edited your previous post.

Last edited:
Your post had a KY brochure.

You changed it.....:)

Last edited:
The writer ends the article with this little slashing blurb:

I’m not really sure how he will fit in there. I have never seen so much hype around a transfer who averaged 4 points and 3 rebounds in two years.

Tony is a decent rebounder but has Roberto Duran's genes in him.

I’m not really sure how he will fit in there. I have never seen so much hype around a transfer who averaged 4 points and 3 rebounds in two years.

Hahah... Yeah, lost in this is that the guy really hasn't done anything. He's shown some flashes, but his basic offensive move was running to the front of the rim after a shot went up (damn effective, however). He's a big body with some skills, but like Rj likes to say, he's got hands of stone.

He got his stats in just 13 minutes per game. I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could be a 10-12 PPG and 8 RPG player in 25 MPG. Not superstar, but enough to hold down the middle and help out a team.

He got his stats in just 13 minutes per game. I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could be a 10-12 PPG and 8 RPG player in 25 MPG. Not superstar, but enough to hold down the middle and help out a team.

I think this is also accurate.

This.

Box out. Get some rebounds & some put backs. Be a presence in the middle to keep the other team from having an uncontested layup line all game long.

All stuff that Wake desperately needed last year

(and will likely be desperate for again this season...)

I wish him well. I wish the incident never happened and that he was still ours, but it's done. Good luck Tony.

But he would pick up twelve fouls....

Yeah, but imagine what that translates into when he starts playing in the Big T(en)welve.

Like I've said before, the worst part is that he is exactly what we have been trying to find over the past year and a half. Unfortunately, we have come up empty it seems.

Anybody going to Vegas relatively soon that would be willing to put a 20 spot on Texas to go to a Final Four in the next two years?

Back