• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top Chef Texas

This is going to be the most stacked season ever. Usually out of the top 16 chefs there are at least 4 scrubs who you know will never win. Looks like the preliminaries are weeding out the scrubs which will make this season as intense as all stars.

I agree, they should do this every season from now on. There are always 1 or 2 people who really just conned their way on to the show.

I'm disappointed Bravo doesn't post the full episodes online. I haven't been able to watch the first episode yet because I'm still waiting. I really wish I had DVRed it!

I think I'll just have to pick up with this episode and continue DVRing from here. One episode missed isn't too bad.

Just DVR or watch it another day when it's on (like next Wed). That's the thing with Bravo, you'll never miss an ep as they show them all the time.

I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't a ball-busting judge outside of Tom. Emeril and Hugh are both nice, positive guys. I'd much prefer to have an Anthony Bourdain or a Toby Young type.

For a dish that gets cooked at least about every episode they sure seem to make a big deal about a perfectly cooked scallop.

Too bad Risotto couldn't get his food on the plate. He seemed to have some real personality.

yeah i was defs disappointed risotto guy didnt get his food on the plate, but risotto is the kiss of death.

I bet they're saving Houston for a Top Chef New Orleans/Houston season. Houston's actually a better foodie city than San Antonio.
from what I've read Houston was pissed they weren't picked. there was an ad last night for Houston with a bunch of chefs and celebs talking about how great food town it is. then the end of the ad sort of had a nod to the TC logo.

from what I've read Houston was pissed they weren't picked. there was an ad last night for Houston with a bunch of chefs and celebs talking about how great food town it is. then the end of the ad sort of had a nod to the TC logo.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe SA took Top Chef away from Houston when they paid $200,000 to Bravo to get Top Chef. The other two cities paid nothing to get the show. link

Yeah the unibrow is terrible, they couldnt get him to ditch that for tv.

Alright, I've got my five (had to pick before any cooking happened). Thankfully they all made the 16.

Big guy from NC
Little fierce looking blasian (?) girl
Ed the Kentucky Samurai
Semi-asian doo rag dork and his american history x sous chef

how dumb can you be to pick risotto? it always, always fails. granted, someone had to take it, but that guy was gung ho about it, saying how his wife was an Italian, so he knew how to make it.

Back