• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011/12 Premier League Thread (NWT)

arseblog arseblog
Arsenal subs: Bob Nobody, Johnny Invisible, John Notbornyet, Inanimate Carbon Rod, Fabianski, Pat Rice, A Marble.

or

Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Ozyakup, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Miquel, Lansbury and Sunu.

So what happens during the international break? Club players practice with their national teams for a few weeks? Do they actually play friendlies between other national teams or what?

So what happens during the international break? Club players practice with their national teams for a few weeks? Do they actually play friendlies between other national teams or what?

Next weekend and the Tuesday after (Sept 6) is European Championship qualifying. So national teams in Europe will be playing meaningful matches. But since there's meaningful matches going on, other national teams use this week to practice and play friendlies. The US will be playing Costa Rica on Saturday the 2nd and Belgium on the 6th. Belgium has an off day in the Euro Championship qualifying so they are playing the friendly with us.

Also, clubs are required to release players for these dates as they are recognized international dates by FIFA.

Thanks...and the European Championship is Europe's equivalent of the Gold Cup?

Thanks...and the European Championship is Europe's equivalent of the Gold Cup?

Basically, but it's played every 4 years so it's far more important there.

Also, next Tuesday(Sept 6th) there's CONCACAF and AFC qualifying for WC2014.

I think City has the best squad in the league this year. Unfortunately for them United has a very good squad, Fergie, and know how to win the league (it's a cliche but it can be so true)

anyone have a working link to the United game? Besides ATDHETV.net (those aren't working for me). I'm gonna try twitter.

How the F did Citeh score 5 goals without David Silva getting any assists???? Damnit!

Back