• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011/12 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I'm with Robbie, Villareal's attitude in this game has disappointed me. They usually give us a good game. Very much look like a team whose heart has been taken from them, which it basically was with Santi being bought away

I'm with Robbie, Villareal's attitude in this game has disappointed me. They usually give us a good game. Very much look like a team whose heart has been taken from them, which it basically was with Santi being bought away

yeah. don't get me wrong, I love seeing my team dominating, but I want to see a fun Liga season. Villareal is a team I love to watch, and I want to see them do well given they're a CL squad. will be interesting to see what Malaga can do to up the parity, but that certainly didn't start this weekend.

i'm telling you guys, the gap is only getting larger. while it's nice to be successful, watching Barcelona and Real Madrid games this season is going to be a snore

i'm telling you guys, the gap is only getting larger. while it's nice to be successful, watching Barcelona and Real Madrid games this season is going to be a snore

I think we'd still dominate any other league in almost the same way. BUT in another league the tv deal might be more even, thus not allowing our two sides to spend as much, thus evening it out a bit after a while

what's this all about?

Pretty sure I'm winning all EPL fantasy leagues I'm in right now. Rooney as captain has been killing it for my squad, plus I've made some other good decisions so far.

I figure he's gotta let someone else score sometime, right?

I've got a really good team with some reallybad luck. several clean sheets lost in the last minutes, and Bent and N'Zogbia are handcuffed by their idiot manager.

Holy crap, I pwned everybody this week in fantasy. Nobody was even within twenty points of my total. Unfortunately, week one was poor for me and I am only in third place.

Unless Rooney scores 50 PL goals, I expect I'll still be alright in the end. He's faced three pretty bad defenses so far.

Need to find a replacement for Nani though. Adding Young and Cleverley and Anderson emerging seems to have pulled the creative impetus away from him.

Paying a 25-35% premium for him over Suarez and Dzeko doesn't seem a good investment in the long run.

Wakeforest22890 said:
OVERNIGHT BENDTNER TO CELEBRATE?

I read this quote from page 1 like this every time, and I think, "where could we overnight him?". Would they accept him?

Since this board likes tweets and stats:

OptaJoe Opta Sports
6 - Six of Liverpool’s shots in the first half v Bolton were either set up (3) or fired in (3) by Jordan Henderson. Influential.

and from last week, but I bet it still holds true:

OptaJoe Opta Sports
16 - Lucas Leiva has made more tackles than any other Premier League player this season, after topping last season's chart (172). Battler.

Watching the Chelsea Norwich game...WTF was there a red and a penalty on Ruddy? A red PLUS the penalty? He wasn't even the last guy back at that point and it basically ends the game right there.

The penalty was clearly the right choice, the red...what?

Since this board likes tweets and stats:

OptaJoe Opta Sports
6 - Six of Liverpool’s shots in the first half v Bolton were either set up (3) or fired in (3) by Jordan Henderson. Influential.

and from last week, but I bet it still holds true:

OptaJoe Opta Sports
16 - Lucas Leiva has made more tackles than any other Premier League player this season, after topping last season's chart (172). Battler.

Not a midfielder in the league that Liverpool would trade Lucas for, I imagine. Adam has been very good at winning the ball as well.

Watching the Chelsea Norwich game...WTF was there a red and a penalty on Ruddy? A red PLUS the penalty? He wasn't even the last guy back at that point and it basically ends the game right there.

The penalty was clearly the right choice, the red...what?

What? It was a 1v1 with the keeper. As long as the player is deemed able to get to the ball, it's automatic.

If the player can get the ball and the keeper is in a 1 v. 1 it's an auto redcard? I see shit like that all the time.

What do you all think of the idea floated on a Liverpool podcast that professional fouls inside the box shouldn't be a red card? At first I thought it was stupid but it's pretty easy to justify. PK plus a man down is really severe.

If the player can get the ball and the keeper is in a 1 v. 1 it's an auto redcard? I see shit like that all the time.

If the foul stops an obvious goal scoring opportunity, it's a red card. The only time you should see that ignored with the keeper is if the last touch is played too far away from the attacker.

Back