• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011/12 Premier League Thread (NWT)

So if Bolton wins today over Villa then the latter is fully dragged into a relegation fight. Bolton would be up to 18th on 33 points and Villa would be just 3 points ahead of them with 3 matches to play, Bolton would still have 4 to play.

Come on, Bolton

Having both Birmingham teams relegated would be great for the PL. They both have played such dreadful football for about a decade now.

The rumored Liverpool 3rd kit. Woof.

Untitled-3-copy.jpg

"There are not many players who have left Fulham over the last few years who did well, he is a regular here; at a different team, maybe a top four team, I’m not sure."

-Martin Jol on Clint Dempsey

I suppose it depends what style you want to play as well. Cole's passing is 14% higher than Baines. That's an enormous difference. And while Baines gets more chances from crosses, I'd suspect Cole plays far more secondary assists in through balls. But I could see an argument made for either, as I don't think there's a noticeable difference.

As an aside, goals conceded is probably my least favorite stat when discussing individual defenders. It shows absolutely nothing about an individual, only how good or bad an entire team is defensively.

Having both Birmingham teams relegated would be great for the PL. They both have played such dreadful football for about a decade now.

Villa have gone 238 minutes without a PL goal, while Bolton have only scored once in their last 3 PL matches

via WhoScored.com

I just finished watching the extended highlights from ManUnited/Everton and Chelsea/Barca.

My thoughts:

Welbeck is an excellent passer of the ball.
Barca sucked balls at finishing.
Cahill was a great buy for Chelsea; he is really very good.
Jelavic is exciting and a solid finisher. I never watched him at Rangers.
I want Chelsea to win the semi, only to be crushed by the Germans.

Is it true that no European team has defended their title?

I always picture Birmingham as an incredibly dreary place. And it's because of the teams

"There are not many players who have left Fulham over the last few years who did well, he is a regular here; at a different team, maybe a top four team, I’m not sure."

-Martin Jol on Clint Dempsey

He's doing it wrong if he wants to keep Clint around. Doubting Clint is only going to make him go prove himself.

The rumored Liverpool 3rd kit. Woof.

Untitled-3-copy.jpg

Saw that the other day. If that's the third kit, I'll eat my own face.

Sucks because the first and second kit are actually pretty shnazzy.

And I think I'd put Baines ahead of Cole for England. He's more solid defensively and is smarter about getting forward, IMO.

Some of it sucks, some of it is pretty cool. Birmingham's stadium is absolute shite, but Villa's is much nicer. I haven't actually been around Villa's, but only seen it from the train.

There are some cool pubs and museums around, and there is an artsy scene. No curry mile, but in general:

Birmingham > Manchester

I just finished watching the extended highlights from ManUnited/Everton and Chelsea/Barca.

My thoughts:

Welbeck is an excellent passer of the ball.
Barca sucked balls at finishing.
Cahill was a great buy for Chelsea; he is really very good.
Jelavic is exciting and a solid finisher. I never watched him at Rangers.
I want Chelsea to win the semi, only to be crushed by the Germans.

Is it true that no European team has defended their title?

Cahill isn't that good.

Since they moved to the modern format there has never been a back-to-back Champion in the CL.

Maybe playing against the best team in the world just made him look that way.

In 2493 minutes of PL action this season (with both Bolton and Chelsea) he has attempted just 24 tackles total. Twenty-four. That is less than a tackle attempted every 100 minutes played. He has won 19 of those tackles, so a tackle won every 131 minutes played.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Hazard said: 'I am flattered by the compliment coming from the top manager in world football.

'I did not know he was at the game to be honest but no one knew he came to watch me because I was not aware.

'Manchester United are a very top team and anyone would listen to them.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...sten-to-manchester-united-offer#ixzz1syT917bk

Somebody please tell me this isn't going to happen because I am getting very, very excited at the prospect of Hazard being in a United shirt.

Back