• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011/12 Premier League Thread (NWT)

They're just a jaunt down the M4 from Reading, aren't they?

Yeah. Reading fans typically are not big fans of theirs. Personally never liked their buying of success or the current crop of wonderful people in their squad

How often do keepers have fluke bad seasons? I feel like keepers trend in much more a straight ^ fashion than field players. I am basing this off nothing empirical.

Reina is fine... he is still a great keeper

good win

Carroll looks like a beast. Will definitely play in the Euros.

How often do keepers have fluke bad seasons? I feel like keepers trend in much more a straight ^ fashion than field players. I am basing this off nothing empirical.

VDS had a couple bad, BAD seasons for Juve before moving to Fulham when everybody thought his career was all but over. He managed to come back and be somewhat successful after that poor run of form.

VDS had a couple bad, BAD seasons for Juve before moving to Fulham when everybody thought his career was all but over. He managed to come back and be somewhat successful after that poor run of form.

But was he really good before that?

"More than 20 Italian football teams have been informed that they are under investigation as part of an inquiry into match-fixing.

The Italian football federation said 61 people, including 52 active players, will also have to answer questions over the allegations.

More than 30 arrests have been made in investigations into match-fixing over the past year in Italy.

Prosecutors are studying suspicious results in 33 matches."

sweet tackle essien. good job kevin friend only giving a yellow

Essien-Tackle.gif

^^ Holy crap. I didn't see that live but saw people saying both Essien and Ivanovic should have been sent off during halftime. That tackle is horrendous.

Too bad the FA rules are complete crap and they can't go back and give out a red for that now. Such nonsense.

From the Guardian MBM:

44 mins: Essien leaps two-footed onto Carroll's calf, studs raking. That was a red card with bells on. He gets booked.

I've was asked if we're going to play conservative today with the one goal lead. I told the lads we've actually got to be more aggressive during today's match. If you're a burglar, it's no good poncing about outside somebody's house, looking good with your swag bag ready. Just get in there, burgle them and come out. I don't advocate that obviously, it's just an analogy.

Back