• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011 CL Knockout Stages Thread

Who cares when a big time coach seriously suggests widespread matchfixing?

Yes. Who cares? He comes off as an idiot and no one takes him seriously. No damage done. But they'll spend hours/days deciding a punishment which accomplishes nothing since he can give all his instructions from a press box even if he is suspended. Those same hours they could actually be reviewing the ridiculous antics that is becoming all the more common in football and make a plan of curtailing it. You know, stuff that actually changes how the game is played.

This Real v Barca stuff is pure madness.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/28/uefa-real-madrid-barcelona-jose-mourinho

"It is unacceptable for someone to question our titles and our relationship with Unicef," a Barcelona spokesman said following a board meeting. "Our aim is not to pour petrol on the fire, it is to put the fire out. We believe that coaches should only talk about football and not outside things that only incite violence. We reject dialectic confrontation and Mourinho uses that too often."

Madrid added: "It is surprising that this chain of anti-sporting behaviour and unfortunate decisions should give way to a disciplinary case being opened against our coach José Mourinho who, beyond the exercising of opinions that he made as part of his right to free speech, showed his rejection of sporting victory at any price and the undermining of principles of loyalty, integrity, and sporting spirit."

They also sent a thing to UEFA charging 8 of our players with unsporting behavior. No mention of turning in their own players or anything, because they were model citizens.

Hopefully Sandro gets the financial mess sorted out, but I gotta say, he seems a bit of a pussy. Laporta would go apeshit on Madrid and not stand for this kind of stuff. Then celebrate eating a million dollar caviar in the director's box, but still

Last edited:
That's fantastic news RE: Abidal. I'm guessing they caught it crazy early. Always a bonus to do that.

I didn't even know he had been for real training. I knew he was out there kicking the ball around and lending moral support.

beating Real Madrid in the CL, getting two huge papers done, gf over the weekend, Osama killed, Abidal back. Great week

So I was just strolling around the twitter/twatter and according to Jen Chang, Busquets is being disciplined by UEFA for calling Marcelo a monkey last week. Apparently Madrid submitted video evidence of him mouthing it and Guardiola all but acknowledged it happened in a presser.

Such class from those UNICEF boys:

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Ah Sergio Busquets, between the racist veneer, face-clutching fake dives, what else is left to find out? Wonder what Dani Alves thinks?

@EddieCuthbert He apparently called Marcelo a "Monkey" in the last game.

@robbie2ndtry Real produced a video tape of Busquets mouthing it, Guardiola more or less confirmed it at the Barca presser

@penwhen that type of insult does tend to incite players (unsurprisingly). My opinion of Busquets is further diminished (was low already)tonight.

So I was just strolling around the twitter/twatter and according to Jen Chang, Busquets is being disciplined by UEFA for calling Marcelo a monkey last week. Apparently Madrid submitted video evidence of him mouthing it and Guardiola all but acknowledged it happened in a presser.

Such class from those UNICEF boys:

JenChang88 Jen Chang
Ah Sergio Busquets, between the racist veneer, face-clutching fake dives, what else is left to find out? Wonder what Dani Alves thinks?

@EddieCuthbert He apparently called Marcelo a "Monkey" in the last game.

@robbie2ndtry Real produced a video tape of Busquets mouthing it, Guardiola more or less confirmed it at the Barca presser

@penwhen that type of insult does tend to incite players (unsurprisingly). My opinion of Busquets is further diminished (was low already)tonight.

I was quite disappointed when I found out Jen Chang was not a woman.

Why do I build up my hopes when we will surely get crushed tomorrow?

not sure I buy the racist slur angle as UEFA has made it a priority to get rid of racism and this is something they wouldn't tolerate, but they've dismissed the claim.

i heard one lip-reader thought he said motherfucker in spanish. who knows.

not sure I buy the racist slur angle as UEFA has made it a priority to get rid of racism and this is something they wouldn't tolerate, but they've dismissed the claim.

No charge because Barca is involved with UNICEF, no doubt.

Back