• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Am I crazy to think that the Liverpool we saw today, plus a healthy Sturridge has a legitimate shot at the top 4?

I mean, the Liverpool team without Sturridge has proven they have a legitimate shot at top 4. Adding Sturridge certainly helps.

I don't disagree, I just sometimes wonder if I'm letting my rooting interest get in the way of reasoned analysis.

Today's performance is a blue print for the rest of the season imo. Sakho, Skrtl and Can are all in good form, and with the help of Markovic and Moreno, who as wingbacks are working hard in attack and defense, and Lucas and Henderson breaking up play in the middle of the field, Liverpool look pretty sound in defense. I also really liked how Gerrard played further forward and then was subbed out with 25 minutes left to go.

and then more of this:

scouseboombustcycle1.jpg

Glad we returned to form after last season's blip.

Yeah, I'm not getting hyped up about 'em, yet. The results have come from shitty sides and only one of em (Swansea 4-1) featured 3+ goals. We'll see what this team is really about in the next 5 league fixtures: West Ham, Everton, Tottenham, Soton, and Man City. Good news is we should have a healthy Sturridge for those games which I also think could bring out some good in Balotelli.

Wrong thread, but we had better sign a got dang Keeper this January!!

Have they really? The recent revival seems more the product of beating up on the bottom half of the table -- and they still dropped points against Leicester. Haven't beaten a big boi since August

They have only lost one of their last 15 and are five points off of 4th place as we near the end of January. Maybe we define "legitimate shot" differently but I think it applies here.

DV7, what's your assessment of Liverpool's performance yesterday and for the rest of the season if Sturridge is healthy?

DV7, what's your assessment of Liverpool's performance yesterday and for the rest of the season if Sturridge is healthy?

Liverpool played well yesterday but struggled to break Chelsea down (since TNSSO parked the bus)

Sturridge will add much needed pace back to y'all's attack that has been clearly missing with lazy Balo and hapless Lambert up top. I just think that Liverpool chasing down 3 of Southampton, Man United, Arsenal, and Spurs (West Ham also ahead, but I see Liverpool passing them) to finish in the top 4 is a very big ask and I don't see it happening. Even with Sturridge. Liverpool to finish 6th, I think.

Liverpool played well yesterday but struggled to break Chelsea down (since TNSSO parked the bus)

Sturridge will add much needed pace back to y'all's attack that has been clearly missing with lazy Balo and hapless Lambert up top. I just think that Liverpool chasing down 3 of Southampton, Man United, Arsenal, and Spurs (West Ham also ahead, but I see Liverpool passing them) to finish in the top 4 is a very big ask and I don't see it happening. Even with Sturridge. Liverpool to finish 6th, I think.

That's probably right, but you can have that view and still think that Liverpool have a legitimate shot at top 4, even if it's not the likeliest result.

everton-soton in the second period of extra time in the super exciting u-18 fourth round league cup matchup if anyone is interested i know you are

everton-soton in the second period of extra time in the super exciting u-18 fourth round league cup matchup if anyone is interested i know you are

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand another penalty shootout heartbreak

5-4 soton

Liverpool play Bolton this weekend in the FA Cup, so I'm sure all the LFC fans are pumped to see Emile Heskey and Jay Spearing again (and Eidur GudJohnsen!)

just thought I would give Lucas some props for how well he has played over the last 2-3 months. I was ready to ship him out over the summer, and now he is arguably our most important player.

Agreed, and Sakho has been playing great lately too. Did Chelsea really threaten our defense all that much aside from the penalty?

Duncan Castles @DuncanCastles
Brendan Rodgers in August: 'There is only an excitement and a belief that we can challenge again for the title this time.'

Rodgers now: 'This season was always going to be difficult...we weren't going to challenge for the league this year. That's reality.'

Back