• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals this year than Liverpool.

Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals this year than Liverpool.

He has scored more goals than every team in the PL except Chelsea. Including Everton.

edit: I am crediting him with goals in all competitions and PL teams with only PL goals. Probably not fair.

He has scored more goals than every team in the PL except Chelsea. Including Everton.

edit: I am crediting him with goals in all competitions and PL teams with only PL goals. Probably not fair.

I heard he's scored more goals than every team in the Premier League combined.

Based on Twitter, Liverpool will look to be signing approximately 521.9 players in the winter transfer window.

I was just quoting the Opta tweet from this morning that made me smile.

Considering Pool's recent form the same could be said about them.

If Liverpool's form doesn't change, I fully agree that they could finish outside the top 5-6. Still, I think it's reasonable to expect Liverpool's form to improve, but I don't think Southampton's lack of depth is likely to change. It's a 38 game season and while Southampton could maintain its form and avoid key injuries, does anyone think that's likely?

Well, their form (15 from last 18) is probably not sustainable, but there is nothing to suggest that a major injury crisis will strike them since they won't have lots of matches to play. (but their next two are quite winnable -- LEI (h) AV (a).

Plus, I don't think their depth is that weak outside of striker and CB.

Was more of a comment on Pool's depth than Southampton's.

Of course, the depth should've been there with Mario.

They've only let in 5 goals this season. 5!

I'd give credit to Wanyama and Schneiderlin for that. Especially when you consider the fact that they lost 3 guys with big minutes from their back 4 from last season.

Alderweild has been fantastic for them and Clyne outperformed Chambers last season, so him playing full time has benefited their back 4 -- if nothing else from a consistency basis.

Chopping and changing your back 4 can lead to trouble -- just ask Man United's torrid defensive numbers this season.

Clyne and Chambers weren't really all that different last year. That was one sale that actually made sense for them. Depth at RB is a luxury for a team that was in their position.

Chambers makes more sense centrally long term anyway.

Just for the record, wasn't trying to talk down Chambers, just saying that Clyne performed better last season, so he was the right choice to keep for Soton. And I agree that they were close, but Clyne was the better player last year, and has been the better player this year as well to date.

Don't forget Southampton has been playing 6 weeks without Ward-Prowse who I think could be one of their best players.

Don't forget Southampton has been playing 6 weeks without Ward-Prowse who I think could be one of their best players.

Yep, he instantly gives them depth at every single midfield position. Great young player.

Back